Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston passes "Pole Tax"

In other news ..

Go to a strip club, help bring a rapist to justice.
    The city of Houston has passed a new $5 “pole tax” on jiggle joints to fund the woeful backlog on untested rape kits, reports The Wall Street Journal.
    City Council member Ellen Cohen put forth the bill in order to raise $1 million to $3 million needed to make a dent in the approximately 4,000 to 6,000 untested kits.
    City lawmakers believe strip clubs owe it to rape victims since they create an environment that encourages unhealthy attitudes toward women.
    "There are negative secondary effects associated with adult-entertainment establishments," Cohen said.
    Strip club owners aren’t happy about asking their customers to pay extra for the city’s criminal budget problems - they’re vowing to fight the decision in court.
    Patrons are already paying a $5 Texas “pole tax” passed in 2007.
    "There is no known correlation between people going to nice, high-end gentlemen's clubs and rape," said Albert Van Huff, a Houston lawyer who represents local strip clubs, to the Journal.
    According to Human Rights Watch, there are up to 500,000 untested rape kits sitting in police facilities and crime labs across the country

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1z8LcEmcM

Blame Elvis

Comment

I've got no problem with that, as long as the funds will be used for what's intended, and not more government waste.

Comment

Better idea: How about fining rapists?
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          lets raise that a hair, execute them harvest their organs and sell them. Similar to china. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            They've got to test the rape kits first to catch them, and I'm sure that a fine goes along with the prisin time.

Besides that, there are alot more strip clup patrons than convicted rapists. A few hundred thousand bucks (if tha much) wouldn't go near as far.

Comment

One dollar for tax one dollar for me.......thats what ill see the owner doing

Comment

She's trying to collect a "pole tax".
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  I've got no problem with that, as long as the funds will be used for what's intended, and not more government waste.
                  Then why don't you just donate money instead of supporting laws that force others to? This isn't charity it's robbery.

Comment

Bullshit. I've spent more nights in a titty bar that most guys will ever, excluding Steve, and I've never raped anyone.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                      Then why don't you just donate money instead of supporting laws that force others to? This isn't charity it's robbery.
                      Going to a strip club is competely optional, if you don't want to get "robbed," then don't go.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Bullshit. I've spent more nights in a titty bar that most guys will ever, excluding Steve, and I've never raped anyone.
                        I'm with you on that one Baron. I've been to more strip clubs then I can think of. Knew most of the girls that worked there went out with a bunch of them and not one time did I ever thought to rape a bitch because I was at a strip club. Strip clubs don't make you rape, being a sick fuck in the head does that.
                        03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                        "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Going to a strip club is competely optional, if you don't want to get "robbed," then don't go.
                          Buying gas is optional and they could make more money by charging an extra tax for that since more people buy it. Seem fair? Again, if you think that cause deserves more funding then you pay for it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                            Buying gas is optional and they could make more money by charging an extra tax for that since more people buy it. Seem fair? Again, if you think that cause deserves more funding then you pay for it yourself.
                            LOL, buying gas is not optional for 95% of people in the country. Howver, going to the strip club IS 100% optional, just like buying cigarettes or booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                              LOL, buying gas is not optional for 95% of people in the country. Howver, going to the strip club IS 100% optional, just like buying cigarettes or booze.
                              Firearms, fast cars, pizza, not having health insurance... Use whatever example you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X