Check mark for the bucket list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check mark for the bucket list

Went and did my first skydiving jump today, nice 14,550' tandem jump as a way to start out lol. Got to be in free fall for just over a minute and then under the canopy for about 5. Did all of this while overlooking Hawaii's North Shore. Made for some beautiful scenery. All I can say is what an addrenline rush and I might have to hit up the place over in Vivian, LA about doing the rest so I can go solo!

Congrats! Your first jump is something you will always remember.

Comment

Congrats, did my 1st one last year. Such a rush, but yet peaceful too once the chute is pulled and you just glide down.

Comment

All I can say is fuuuuuck that.

I did the "free fall" behind Speedzone, and about had a coronary. If it weren't for being up there with co-workers, I'd have had them bring my ass down.

Perhaps when it's that high it's different, but I have no desire to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

I did the "free fall" behind Speedzone, and about had a coronary. If it weren't for being up there with co-workers, I'd have had them bring my ass down.

lol... I felt the same way... if they didn't just unlatch me I most likely never would have said "okay I'm ready" I don't have any interest in trying it again. I did however have a rush of adrenaline for quite some time after that far outweighed the alcohol buzz I had previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Raskal View Post
            lol... I felt the same way... if they didn't just unlatch me I most likely never would have said "okay I'm ready" I don't have any interest in trying it again, however I did have a rush of adrenaline rush for quite some time after that far outweighed alcohol buzz.
            I can only imagine. After my experience at Zero Gravity, I was "high" for a few hours. The terror of falling was lingering in my mind the whole time though.

I'm usually really relaxed, but at that moment, I wanted control.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

That is more "ground rush" than freefall. When you take away all the things that show you falling, it's a different world.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I have this thing about jumping out of perfectly good airplanes...but glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  I have this thing about jumping out of perfectly good airplanes...but glad you enjoyed it!
                  Trust me, they are not perfectly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    Trust me, they are not perfectly good.
                    If it's air-borne under it's own power, that's close enough, and I'll take my chances.

Comment

Notice how the pilots have chutes and you don't?
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Congrat's, and it is a rush you'll never forget. I went many years ago, I think in 94 maybe, and I still remember it! I think I was "high" on it for 2 days afterwards!

Comment

I have jumped from cliffs into the lake, climbed things and ridden all kinds of rides, this was totally different. It's scary first going out the door, after that though, other than the wind noise, there's no sense of falling. The ground is so far away, it doesn't seem to be getting closer till you start dropping in to land. That's the spooky part because of the way they flaired out the chute to land. The ground rushes up and then plop, you gently touch down.

Comment

Working...
                          X