No announcement yet.

Anyone here own a Yeti Ice chest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on the same boat as everyone saying you would have to be fucking stupid to spend that much on a cooler till we went camping for the first time this year and the Coleman Extreme that I just bought last year was pulled out. The lid was warped so bad you could stick your finger between it. I had to replace the hinges last year after 3 months use. We go camping/hunting a few dozen times a year so a decent cooler is important.

I coughed up the coin and bought two. Will be the last two I ever have to buy....

EDIT-Watches are an ongoing joke with Yeti's on another forum.

Comment

For an opinion. Two weekends ago we filled our big one up with beer and ice. The beer was all gone so I never drained it. Went out to get it cleaned up for today and there was still ice floating in it! Almost two weeks later with a few 100* days...

Comment

Originally posted by stinginstang View Post
        I have nothing to add but amazement that such an organization as the Interagency Grizzly Bear Council was used to demonstrate quality.
        lol
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I don't see what's so special about them. What kind of moron spends that kind of money on a cooler, that holds ice no better than a cheap ass Coleman or Igloo?
          wait.. what?
          Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          you of all people should understand the quality and performance differences between similar looking things
          exactly!

Comment

I have an 18 year old Coleman that keeps my beer and food stuffs cold for a week with ease. All of my hinges are still good. My latch finally started acting up, but the seal is good enough to keep the lid from opening while running down the road at 80+mph when it's in the bed of a truck.

I thought I was rough on my cooler, but I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
              I have an 18 year old Coleman that keeps my beer and food stuffs cold for a week with ease. All of my hinges are still good. My latch finally started acting up, but the seal is good enough to keep the lid from opening while running down the road at 80+mph when it's in the bed of a truck.

I thought I was rough on my cooler, but I guess not.
              I'd bet that your 18 year old cooler is built better than the ones you can buy today.

Comment

The hell are you guys smoking or doing for that matter? I have a few coolers dunno what kind but have brought them all camping. Almost everytime the ice is 50% melted in a day or so...
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                  wait.. what?exactly!

it's not mechanical. The video above proves there is no performance difference. With the stuff I sell, there are huge performance differences, and huge mechanical differences, and I have data and performance tests to back that all up.

And I get that they use more insulation, but again, that video shows that it doesn't add anything at all.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    it's not mechanical. The video above proves there is no performance difference. With the stuff I sell, there are huge performance differences, and huge mechanical differences, and I have data and performance tests to back that all up.

And I get that they use more insulation, but again, that video shows that it doesn't add anything at all.
                    I'd like to see what would happen with that test done sitting outside in the elements.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Bought my dad one to keep in his truck for when he goes out in the field. Normally he had to get ice every 1-2 days, not he fills it full on monday with ice and water bottles and it last the entire week sitting outside never leaving the bed of his truck.

Probably going to buy myself one before I go to the mountains next week.

Comment

I like them and secretly want one, But you can find a used generator for 300 bucks. get a dorm fridge and your set.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          Bought my dad one to keep in his truck for when he goes out in the field. Normally he had to get ice every 1-2 days, not he fills it full on monday with ice and water bottles and it last the entire week sitting outside never leaving the bed of his truck.

Probably going to buy myself one before I go to the mountains next week.
                          im prolly just gonna try and steal your dads.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I like them, except for 2 things - the ridiculous price and the lack of wheels.

Comment

If you look at most their ads with beer in them it is always Shiner. Looked into it and Yeti is based out of Austin.
                              There is a factory store down there where you can score 2nds and scratch and dents....

Comment

I have a huge Igloo that I added a couple of extra hinges to when I bought it. Works great. Keeps ice a long time. Had it for about 5 years and I have beat the crud out of it on camping trips.

One of my best buds has a smallish to medium-sized Yeti. It's okay, but way too heavy for its size, and cumbersome to lug around. It's tough as shit, but not worth the money unless you're planning to be in areas that are thick with bears, imo.

It's like a vacuum cleaner - $50 is too cheap, but $100 should get the job done just fine. You start spending $300 +, and you're just paying for gimmicks.

Comment

Working...
                                X