opinions from strangers on how you should discipline your kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions from strangers on how you should discipline your kids

I took the kids to Target today and my son who is almost 7 was being a brat the whole time we were in the store. By the time I got to the check-out line..I was really frustrated. He kept picking on his sister so I told him that if he didn't knock it off I was going to take him in the bathroom and his butt would meet my hand.

The lady behind me in line said "Oh my goodness..what kind of mother are you? You shouldn't threaten your kids like that."

I looked at her and said "Excuse me..I am their parent and didn't ask for your input." She continued to give her opinion and said someone should call CPS on me.

The sheer audacity was incredible to me and it was extremely hard for me to keep my cool because I wanted to tell her off.

Anyone ever had a similar situation?

And yes my very first thread is a rant. LOL
    sigpic

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

I would have told her to shut the fuck up and that it isn't any of her fucking business.

You did nothing wrong.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Oh ok.

Comment

I would have told her to shut the fuck up or my hand would meet her ass right after it met my kid's ass.

And I would have handed her my cellphone so she could call CPS.
        Originally posted by Denny
        I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I would have told her to shut the fuck up and that it isn't any of her fucking business.

You did nothing wrong.

Stevo
          x2 mind your own business...

Comment

Tell her that someone should call weight watchers for her. Physical put-downs are always more effective than social ones. Or say "You smell like you haven't bathed in a week and you're telling me how to raise my kids?"
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Hey.

Comment

I probably would have kept my cool and told her that while she is entitled to her opinion, how i raise my children is none of her business, and that people like her that butt into other people's lives without being asked to are one of the biggest problems we face today. Spanking a child is the parent's decision, and not anyone elses. Sometimes good old corporal punishment is the only answer for kids or at least the threat of, and if she would like to raise her children another way, so be it.

This way, my kids wouldn't see me lose my cool, or think that it's ok to cuss someone out in public.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
                  I would have told her to shut the fuck up or my hand would meet her ass right after it met my kid's ass.

And I would have handed her my cellphone so she could call CPS.
                  X2. I would have caused a huge scene that would have gained EVERYONE'S attention.

That said, I don't make threats. I give a warning, and if the warning isn't heeded, I'll bust some ass out of nowhere. In line, at the counter, everyone around, it doesn't matter.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                    Tell her that someone should call weight watchers for her. Physical put-downs are always more effective than social ones. Or say "You smell like you haven't bathed in a week and you're telling me how to raise my kids?"

I did actually..she was a large woman and was eating a candy bar in line. I told her that she really should mind her own business and put down the candy bar for her butt's sake.

Then I walked away.
                    Silverback- That is exactly how I felt. I wanted to set a good example for the kids.
                    sigpic

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I probably would have kept my cool and told her that while she is entitled to her opinion, how i raise my children is none of her business, and that people like her that butt into other people's lives without being asked to are one of the biggest problems we face today. Spanking a child is the parent's decision, and not anyone elses. Sometimes good old corporal punishment is the only answer for kids or at least the threat of, and if she would like to raise her children another way, so be it.

This way, my kids wouldn't see me lose my cool, or think that it's ok to cuss someone out in public.

No, no, no. You're doing it wrong, Matt. You have to start off with something loud and shocking. "I'm sorry, who lit the fuse on your tampon?" or "what are you doing out of the kitchen?" or "oh my fucking god, is that a snicker stuck in your third chin?"
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I would have thrown that bitch over the aisle and asked my child if he wanted to be next.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          No, no, no. You're doing it wrong, Matt. You have to start off with something loud and shocking. "I'm sorry, who lit the fuse on your tampon?" or "what are you doing out of the kitchen?" or "oh my fucking god, is that a snicker stuck in your third chin?"
                          no wonder the last time i saw Kenny he called me a flaming pile of lard!

Comment

The last time that happened I told the great big fat person that if they continued to offer up bullshit advice they would be next. Then jumped into a dissertation about had their parents instilled will power and self control they wouldn't be 350lbs of buttinski.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                              I would have thrown that bitch over the aisle and asked my child if he wanted to be next.
                              HAHAHAHAHA! Thats good shit!

Comment

Working...
                              X