Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are doctors arrogant and self-righteous by choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    You guys forgot lawyers. Oh God. They are some arrogant bastards but can easily be stupid as fuck and get by thanks to fooling everyone.
    I've only had experience with a few lawyers from my DWI and they all seemed pretty down to Earth. They of course, were far from high profile lawyers who I'm sure think everybody should worship the ground they stand on.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
      Anesthesiologists are near the top of the list of prick doctors, so that surprises me. Most do nothing more then sit and read a fucking book while the CRNA does all the work....
      Depends on how you do you business. Be a Director for a hospital or two or three and you are making some serious scratch.
      Originally posted by Denny
      I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Definitely depends on the line of work. We are friends with a pediatrician who is hardly "banking". Hell she's thinking about quitting work b/c her husband makes more than enough.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Definitely depends on the line of work. We are friends with a pediatrician who is hardly "banking". Hell she's thinking about quitting work b/c her husband makes more than enough.
          Pretty much like any other business. You have to have people working under you to "bank."

I can only work so many hours in a week. I can charge 100/hr for a db analyst who I can pay 80k a year to inclusive of bennies and taxes and I can keep him busy 40 hours a week. I can employee 15 of them and keep them busy 40 hours a week. So I can collect about 128K a year from each employee's time while sitting on my ass and writing on DFWMustangs.com.

If you don't own it... you are making someone else rich. Sort of like that Chris Rock joke. "The brotha's say Shaq is wealthy. Shaq ain't wealthy. The motherfucker writing Shaq his check is wealthy."
          Originally posted by Denny
          I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
            Pretty much like any other business. You have to have people working under you to "bank."

I can only work so many hours in a week. I can charge 100/hr for a db analyst who I can pay 80k a year to inclusive of bennies and taxes and I can keep him busy 40 hours a week. I can employee 15 of them and keep them busy 40 hours a week. So I can collect about 128K a year from each employee's time while sitting on my ass and writing on DFWMustangs.com.

If you don't own it... you are making someone else rich. Sort of like that Chris Rock joke. "The brotha's say Shaq is wealthy. Shaq ain't wealthy. The motherfucker writing Shaq his check is wealthy."
            Very true. But, like everything, it's also all about perspective. To some people, that pediatrician making $150k a year might sound amazing. To me, I'll take a spot like my boss in a few years, pulling down 7 figures making somebody else rich, and be just fine with it. To some of the guys I deal with, who could lose a million tomorrow and not even notice it, they think my boss is a chump!
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
              Depends on how you do you business. Be a Director for a hospital or two or three and you are making some serious scratch.
              Yep. One of the Anesthesiologists I knew was the medical director for the hospital his private practice was located in. He did ok for himself, but he also had a few outside businesses, one being a machine/speed shop. He later went into pain management after the fore mentioned Ortho shut down the hospital they practiced at.

Comment

Doctors are pricks. Lawyers are pricks.... Hell, I think everyone is a prick.

Comment

having dated a doctor ,worked with doctors, and had doctors as friends, i would say that yes, doctors are arrogant, and can be quite ruthless. Its what makes them push to excel, and push themselves to compete to be good students, as Brent says.

I would say with a lot of doctors, if they have a work related item in the pipeline, and an event otherwise (like a kids softball game) then sorry little timmy, but daddy is going to work on his bone reconstruction paper.

Doctor pay ranges quite widely. A good ob/gyn or neo-natal surgeon will make 500k.

Comment

Working...
                  X