Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DFW Airport traffic (121/183), wait times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFW Airport traffic (121/183), wait times?

I'm leaving for Cozumel in the morning and I know the roads are all jacked up into and around the airport. I know a lot of you live up there, what are y'alls commutes like? I'm leaving from N. FW/Keller area and my flight departs at 10:15am. Here are my options:

820---->121/183
    377---->1709---->114---->121

Anything else sound better?

Now for the security part. I've only flown twice, and both times were "non-peak" hours. This will be an early flight, on a Monday morning, at an international airport. I drive on almost all of my vacations, so this Monday morning logic may be completely wrong. I've heard to be 2 hours early, so I'm thinking about leaving the casa at 6am. Is that too early, not early enough, about right?

Thank you travel gurus.

On a Monday morning, I would want to be through security as early as possible. If you leave at six, either route will put you at the airport just before seven factoring in regular traffic. The earlier you get there, the less rushed you'll feel and once you're through security you can relax, grab some coffee, food, a good seat in the terminal and people watch. The airport is the best place to people watch.

Comment

If you are parking out at the remotes, the buses run 15min apart roughly. Give yourself time to not rush - From your area i'd leave at 6. You'll likely have time to deal with morning rush hour, park and ride, then go through baggage check and security. If you have to wait a couple hours before your flight, just count it as starting your vacation as stress free as possible and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post

Anything else sound better?
        Highway 10.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
          Highway 10.
          This. Take it as far as you can. 183 from 820 to the 121 split in Bedford will be a parking lot. And leaving at 6 is still a good plan. Never hurts to be early.
          Oh, and make sure your private areas are nice and clean.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Sounds good. Now that y'all mention it, I seem to recall us coming back that way last year when we landed during rush hour.

Scott, I don't have the same problem that the guy in San Francisco does.

Comment

For! Ever!
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I am around boat club road. No matter the timeit is, I leave 3 hours before my flight. That gives me plenty of time to park in express south, check in, clear security and have a bloody mary at TGIF. Their new jalapeƱo burger with the beer cheese does not suck either. Flying out to Vegas tm for a few days in fact. Flight at 12:30 I will leave at 9:30 and have zero stress if I hit traffic.

**edit that is 820-183 to the south entrance.

Comment

Working...
                X