Thanks for the car advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the car advice

Got a 2003 G35 today. Black on black, auto.

I test drove all 3 of the cars I was looking at today, and lucked into the perfect car 5 miles away from my house at Hiley GMC. Very pleased with the service and deal. Jonathan Clark. Nice guy, didn't beat me up on the process, easy as could be.

Mazda6: just like I thought. Fun to drive, and felt like a nice low-20K kind of car.

Lincoln LS: Loved driving it. I could totally see going with this car, but but it felt a hair bulky, and I just couldn't get over the myriad problems I might have to deal with if I bought it.

Infinity G35: It was exactly what y'all said it would be. Quick, comfortable and just plain fun.

It's not perfect, being a 7+ year old car and all, but a clean carfax and a good driving feel tells me I did pretty well. I need to hunt down a couple interior pieces that have seen better days and do something about some hazy headlights, so if any of you G35 guys can point me toward some fixes/forums, I'd appreciate it. I'd also like to know what the simplest/cheapest Ipod hook up option is.

Anyways, thanks again. I think I made the right choice.

Cool man. You get a 4 dr or 2?

Comment

I joined g35driver.com a few years for something but never posted. Great car btw, my wife has an 08 G35 sedan and I love that car.
      You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Comment

Nick should be able to help you out on the headlights, or any of the other quality places that buff them out.

Comment

Congrats! This will fix the headlights, $20 at WalMart. I did my Mom's G.

Comment

Cool Blake.

Post up when you get the pix.

David

Comment

What happened to the Mini Cooper???
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  What happened to the Mini Cooper???
                  They quit making the Yetti version 5 years ago.

David

Comment

Did you drive a TL??

Congrats on the car-the G35 was the other car I was looking at, also. Great looking cars!
                    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                      Did you drive a TL??
                      FWD=boring!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Cool man. You get a 4 dr or 2?
                        Gotta have four for the fam. I gotta say though, I'd consider getting a sedan even if it was just me and Sara. 20 years of two-doors has worn a little thin, at least for a daily.

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        Congrats! This will fix the headlights, $20 at WalMart. I did my Mom's G.
                        Awesome. Perfect, thanks.

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        Did you drive a TL??
                        Nah, didn't bother. There simply aren't any in my budget.

Comment

check out infinitiscene

ipod hookup is pretty easy, just need the ipod hookup, connects to the sat/aux port on the back of the radio.

Comment

How much did you end up paying?

Comment

Congrats! I love my G35... I'm 23 and no kids but the coupe seems too cramped to me so I'm glad I got the sedan.

Comment

Working...
                              X