IPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
    OK... go for it. It's not like I deal with best Buy's warranty provider on a daily basis or anything.
    I'll take your word for it. And thank you for the advice.
    Photobucket

Comment

I don't get owning an iPad... especially when you can get a decent laptop now for $300 that's capable of doing so much more. But whatever floats your boat!

Comment

Don't forget to buy everyone the pants they'll need:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          I don't get owning an iPad... especially when you can get a decent laptop now for $300 that's capable of doing so much more. But whatever floats your boat!
          Mobility- many times it is 100 times quicker to throw the ipad in the car and go in some where and pull a web page up vs. packing the laptop, finding an a/c plug, starting it up, using it, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            Mobility- many times it is 100 times quicker to throw the ipad in the car and go in some where and pull a web page up vs. packing the laptop, finding an a/c plug, starting it up, using it, etc.
            Yeah, my netbook can't do that at all. Plus flash even works on it, crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by POLE SMKR View Post
              netbooks already have that covered, and if you're seriously going to have it in one place long enough to drain the battery, why the fuck did you even leave your house?
              Where are you going to use it where it'd be difficult to find an ac plug even if you did need one?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                netbooks already have that covered, and if you're seriously going to have it in one place long enough to drain the battery, why the fuck did you even leave your house?
                Where are you going to use it where it'd be difficult to find an ac plug even if you did need one?
                starbucks, car, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by iPole SMKR View Post
                  starbucks, car, etc.
                  So basically it's great for a cup of coffee with a bunch of hipsters, or causing a wreck?
                  got'cha.

Seriously, if you're spending $800 instead of $300 for a netbook that can do 100x more, you're doing it to be cool, not because it was the smart buy.
                  Last edited by CexMashean; 12-26-2010, 01:23 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    So basically it's great for a cup of coffee with a bunch of hipsters, or causing a wreck?
                    got'cha.
                    who says im drinking coffee? Im not you dumbass, im on my ipad. Causing a wreck? Yes, because sitting in a parking lot on my ipad using wi-fi from a nearby business is causing a wreck- why dont you just shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      who says im drinking coffee? Im not you dumbass, im on my ipad. Causing a wreck? Yes, because sitting in a parking lot on my ipad using wi-fi from a nearby business is causing a wreck- why dont you just shut the fuck up.
                      Why don't you list some legitimate reasons?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        They are regulated by Apple-no one is going to have a 'sale' on them.
                        x2. Apple adjusts the price, not the stores.
                        HD Parts
                        paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          Sounds like a salesman promising something that he can't deliver.

1. Warranties don't cover damage from abuse - so dropping it most likely isn't going to score you a new ipad.
                          2. If, by some chance, the warranty did cover a dropped unit - they are going to replace it with a like model. Similar features/storage. If a like model isn't available, they normally cut you a check for a pro-rated amount.

New levels on the original, FTW!!!
                          it's not really what is considered a warranty or extended warranty. it's a service plan.

NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR
                          This includes repair costs for normal wear and tear, including defects in materials or workmanship and failures due to dust, internal heat and humidity.
                          ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE FROM HANDLING
                          It happens sometimes. If you drop or spill on your laptop, netbook, or tablet in the course of normal use, we’ll cover the cost of your repair.
                          BATTERY REPLACEMENT
                          We’ll replace your laptop, netbook, or tablet’s battery once, if your original one goes kaput.
                          PIXEL REPAIR
                          If your pixels start looking weird, we’ll get them back to looking good.
                          NO LEMON POLICY*
                          If your product requires four qualified repairs, you’ll receive a comparable replacement.
                          POWER SURGE REPAIR
                          We handle the repair costs for equipment failure due to a power surge or fluctuation.
                          GOOD MAINTENANCE REWARD**
                          If your standard or advanced plan goes unused, get double Reward ZoneĀ® program points on the original plan purchase price.
                          PHONE/WEB SUPPORT
                          Get 24/7 troubleshooting and phone/web support for the life of your plan.

and yeah, I deal with them on a daily basis as well, literally.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Working...
                          X