Microwave cooking power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave cooking power...

Probably a stupid question... but I was heating up lunch, and the directions said to cook for 8 minutes at 50% power...

Whats the purpose of this? Why not 4 minutes at 100% power?

Probably just testing your match skillzzzz

Comment

it will burn the outside and leave the inside cool, same as your standard stove would.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        it will burn the outside and leave the inside cool, same as your standard stove would.
        Figured it was something along those lines. Told ya it was a dumb question!!

Comment

What the fuck are you cooking in a microwave for 8 minutes?

Microwaves vary quite a bit in their power ratings, so food manufacturers have to account for that. Time and power percentage also affect the end product. If you blast it on full for 4 minutes, it would likely be inedible. But again, it all depends on what you are cooking.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It cooks from the inside out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Shut the fuck up, Donny.

Comment

I hardly read those things. I put it in the microwave for a few minutes and retest the temperature with my finger..
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Ha! Was just coming in this thread to post that!

Comment

Best thread ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      What the fuck are you cooking in a microwave for 8 minutes?
                      Lean Cuisene - Chicken & Vegetable Pot Stickers w/asian rice

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

A microwave can be a great way to warm up leftovers and cook food quickly. However, you may not be sure how to use a microwave properly and safely, or may want a refresher on what you can warm up and cook in this appliance. Make sure you...
                          WRX

Comment

I've had several people call me things like Microwave Guru because I'll adjust the power settings all over the place to get the food heated/cooked evenly. Every time I get questioned on using the power level so much I simply ask, "do you just set your oven on broil and hope for the best?"
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                              Holy shit, I don't think I've ever noticed a cook time that long with the exception of maybe for a potato.

Then again, I don't use the microwave for anything but popcorn. Residential microwaves compromise the quality of just about everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X