Need ebay advice (item DOA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ebay advice (item DOA)

Bought a Zune for the mother-in-law's Christmas gift. Ad said "sealed, brand new in box". Recieved it Dec 14th, and everything looked fine so I wrapped it and of course it sat till December 25th. Wanted to show MIL how to load music on it and turns out the sucker is DOA. Double check the auction and the seller has 7 days exchange policy. Sent a message to the seller hoping they would understand the dynamic of it being a Christmas present and of course their response was "its past 7 days".

So my question is will Ebay's buyer protection help me out or will they just say, "seller stated 7 days and its over that, we cant help you".

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
    Bought a Zune for the mother-in-law's Christmas gift. Ad said "sealed, brand new in box". Recieved it Dec 14th, and everything looked fine so I wrapped it and of course it sat till December 25th. Wanted to show MIL how to load music on it and turns out the sucker is DOA. Double check the auction and the seller has 7 days exchange policy. Sent a message to the seller hoping they would understand the dynamic of it being a Christmas present and of course their response was "its past 7 days".

So my question is will Ebay's buyer protection help me out or will they just say, "seller stated 7 days and its over that, we cant help you".
    Did you pay with PayPal?

Comment

Ebay will take care if it, if it was bought with Paypal. I would also leave that dirty cocksucker nothing but bad feeback and be sure and tell other buyers why. I also dont buy from anyone other than 100% feedback, USA vendors, several years membership and top rated sellers. I have not had any probelms buying from these type of vendors...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm about 95% seller, 5% buyer. I will tell ya that in my experience, eBay has pretty much forced me into refunding buyers. This guy owes you some change, though. eBay treats buyers better, because they are the lifeblood of the company. Sellers will always come and go. Plenty of supply, it's the demand that gets the focus.

You'll get some coin, some way or another... Either through eBay or the seller...

Comment

Yep, what the others said. If you paid through PayPal just deal with them, you have 45 days through PayPal, not his bullshit 7 days. You can leave him negative feedback and not worry about him leaving you any because like posted above, Ebay does not give a shit about its sellers so they can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            Yep, what the others said. If you paid through PayPal just deal with them, you have 45 days through PayPal, not his bullshit 7 days. You can leave him negative feedback and not worry about him leaving you any because like posted above, Ebay does not give a shit about its sellers so they can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers....
            Yeah, I always hated when sellers would wait to give you feedback until you left feedback first. And if you left negative feedback, they would too...regardless if you did nothing wrong other than leave them the negative feedback.
            But ebay/paypal will take care of the OP's issue.

Comment

Screw buying electronics on Ebay. Last item I bought like that was a expensive head unit for my truck. $700 and the display had a line through it. Buyer said it was new and back then Ebay, paypal and the seller refused to help because "it was only cosmetic". This was a few years ago but it sounds like ebay and paypal help more these days.

Comment

LOL at "only cosmetic." For $700 it better be brand fucking new or I would be knocking on the seller's door.

Comment

Sell it on Craigslist!

Comment

I did pay using paypal. This seller had 99.6% positive feedback with 8000+ transactions and is a "top rated seller". It could be they lob the ball over the net with that "7 day policy" response and hope the buyer just goes away. Probably works half the time, and then they work with the other half. I just wanted to know what my options were before I responded.

I dont even want my money back...I'd be happy if they just supplied a working Zune. I already left feedback based on the quick shipping and the fact that it looked like it was NIB and thus didnt think I had anything to worry about (especially with the 8000+ transactions and 99.6)

Thankyou all for the info.

Comment

Most of the time a vendor with that much good feedback and transactions will make good on it. Especially if it looked new and in its original packaging.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

first contact seller if nothing happens within 30 days then file a paypal and eBay claim

Comment

You can only start a paypal or eBay claim. No longer can you do both. But I say start an eBay claim. The 7 day period is something they will attempt to use against you but being doa they will need to supply a new one or your money back per eBay buyer protection policy. Either way you will be forced to send the nonworking unit back at your expense. This is something stated in your user agreement and on all of ebays current policies.
                          My company is fully based on eBay and I handle all of our disputes and communication. You have a sure win here if you don't act like a retard in the dispute message system. Also you can "follow up" to the feedback you left with another message stating that after opening item was DOA. Do not write the follow up until you get some money or a new item though. (when someone leaves me negative comments before allowing me the chance to fix it I don't get in any hurry to help)

Comment

Working...
                          X