Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly inmates. Suing because no ac is cruel and unusual.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly inmates. Suing because no ac is cruel and unusual.

Once a month for the past couple years I've joined a group of guys that meet up and go play softball with inmates one Sunday a month. We have a bible study in between games or people share their testimony. We were supposed to go this Sunday and I got an email saying it was canceled. Here's what it said
    "The inmates have filed a lawsuit saying not having air conditioning is cruel and the prisons have implemented changes.
    One change is no outside rec during hot weather, since it is going to be hot this weekend they will not allow us to come out. "
    I've had conversations with the inmates while I was there about not having ac. Every time I say the same thing "You know the best way to make sure you dont have to live without ac is stop going to prison". I guess logic doesnt make sense to some people.

So they want a/c outside? I don't get it. The prisons surely have a/c.

Comment

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio took the temperature inside one of the tents at Tent City Saturday afternoon.

The tents can sometimes mimic ovens or hot cars. The gauge in Arpaio's hand indicated 145 degrees, nearly 30 degrees hotter than the day's high.

The sheriff said it was exceptionally hot at the outdoor jail but said there was nothing he could do about it.

"What am I going to do, take them out of jail because it's too hot?" he said. "Our men and women are working out here in this heat, too. Does anyone feel sorry for them?"

At 118 degrees, Saturday was the hottest day of the year so far. To keep inmates cool, deputies passed out 6-ounce cups of ice to inmates at Tent City, located near 35th Avenue and Durango Street in Phoenix. It was the first time Arpaio has given inmates ice this year, and he said he doesn't know when he'll do it again.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...#ixzz24WLGCeIY

2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

They should remember that what they feel is an appetizer for whats to come for many unless they straighten up...
        ./ ____ _ _\.
        (]]]_ o _[[[)
        \o_FORD_o/
        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

I guess get rid of the tents and let them bake in the sun? LOL
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Sheriff Joe for Prez!
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              So they want a/c outside? I don't get it. The prisons surely have a/c.
              No ac any where other than inside the offices. They have fans that circulate the air and heaters but no ac. Most prisons in Tx dont have ac. They were complaining it was too hot but apparently it's not too hot for them to play softball in the heat of the day. I think that's the point the warden was trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                Most prisons in Tx dont have ac.
                Damn, didn't know that. I feel sorry for the guards, I bet it's hot as fuck in there.

Comment

I could see how that would suck. Don't Fuck up and you won't go to jail.

Comment

People lived for a long time without ac. It's a luxury to have it and it's not a necessity. I grew up with water coolers(pumps hardly ever worked) and box fans. I dont get why people think that having ac is a right.

Comment

once you get used to not having a/c its not bad really. Just drink plenty of water and stop being a pussy.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                        People lived for a long time without ac. It's a luxury to have it and it's not a necessity. I grew up with water coolers(pumps hardly ever worked) and box fans. I dont get why people think that having ac is a right.
                        I've lived without a/c, and worked many years without a/c, but I'm not sure I've ever dealt with 145 degrees. That's pretty damn hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                          I've lived without a/c, and worked many years without a/c, but I'm not sure I've ever dealt with 145 degrees. That's pretty damn hot.
                          Life is good when you're not a felon.

Comment

i often work in boiler rooms that are well over 120* year round. i'm working turning wrenches or opening/closing 24" valves, busting my ass and i don't need a/c. those idiots can sit there in the heat and think about what got them there

they get no mercy from me! i say pay a foreign country 1/5 of what we pay per head and let them deal with those social rejects

Comment

I pay enough taxes... I dont need to pay more for their comfort. I already help pay to feed them 3 times a day, give medical care, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X