So it's time :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's time :(

The recent news has made me reevaluate my vehicle choice. I've decided to let my truck go after it's back from the body shop. Plans are to upgrade to a 4door kid hauler. The car guy in me still requires a fun car so I've decided on an 06-07 cts-v. I'm looking for opinions from past or present owners of V's.
    What to look for/at and possibly where to look. I also need to value my truck.

Mods on the truck are ls6 cam/springs, trailblazer convertor. 6/8 drop, mcgaugheys springs, flip kit, drop spindles. Rancho short stroke toxic shocks.
    Belltech c-notch. New wheel bearings, battery alternator, HIDs. 22" sportmuscle 6spoke wheels and 265/30/22's.

When I'm ready to list it or trade it in, what should I look for price wise?

TRUCKY

Cts-V like dis.

Last edited by VaderTT; 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM.
    Ded

hit up Yale, he's shopping for an rcsb
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

CTS V nukka!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        The Kracken?!?!? Fuuuuuuuuuck that guy...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          Shit, I remember him saying something in one of the threads now.

Thanks

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          CTS V nukka!!!
          Yesir! Wanted one for a while and right now it would be dumb to go for some of the other choices.
          Ded

Comment

We gotta do some more donuts before you sell it!

Comment

Need to get the rear end sorted, but if I trade it in......hells yeah!
              Ded

Comment

Broncojohnny has a V, and the last time I talked to him about it he loved it. I admit I've found myself eyeballing them several times. I think the early years had a lot of cv axle troubles, but I'm sure there are a couple of people on here more well versed in their quirks.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  Broncojohnny has a V, and the last time I talked to him about it he loved it. I admit I've found myself eyeballing them several times. I think the early years had a lot of cv axle troubles, but I'm sure there are a couple of people on here more well versed in their quirks.
                  Yeah, I read somewhere about the generation I want having diff issues and one of the fixes was to upgrade to the new gen diff. If thats it, then I may have my new whip.
                  Ded

Comment

Park it on town east, a vato will be calling in an your.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Park it on town east, a vato will be calling in an your.
                      Either that or it'll be gone in an hour, lol.
                      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                        Either that or it'll be gone in an hour, lol.
                        There is that!!!

From what my bil said, his ctsv wasn't much for baby hauling, but he has twins.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          There is that!!!

From what my bil said, his ctsv wasn't much for baby hauling, but he has twins.
                          We have one 4door econobox already and I didn't really want another. But I think out of my choices this one fits the bill best (except the economy part).
                          Ded

Comment

Year on truck, mileage? Clean title?

I can list it on some sportbike groups i'm in. Lots of folks are looking for a nice hauler.

Comment

Broncojohnny's wife has an 06 and his only complaints a few months ago when I asked were gas mileage (duh) and the front tires were being eaten up (he thought alignment issues, just hadn't had it checked).

Read here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ficiently.html
                              I picked up an 07 back in January and had zero complaints (although gas hurts a bit at 16 mpg) up until last week when the A/C went out. Part should be in today and it's going back to Cadillac since it's still under warranty so I may yet be a fan. Besides that there's only a few items to check out:

1. The rear ends (04/05 were known to break on trips to the grocery store), but most of have been replaced by now with an upgraded version (apparently there's 4 generations, you want #3 (06/07 version) or #4 (upgraded version came out in 08).
                              2. Make sure there's no rear end whine (get in 4th or 5th at around 40 mph and floor it).
                              3. Check shocks for fluid leaks.
                              4. Make sure the LSX ticking is not too bad at start up.
                              5. Might check for rubber in the rear fender to see how much they beat on it. Although I have so much axle hop I'm not entirely sure I could do a burnout if I tried.

The only other drawbacks on 04/05s I saw were the sunroof being optional (I never saw one without it though), the potential for a bad rear end, and most of them are modded (H/C/I, full exhaust, etc.) while most of the 06/07s were still stock. I'm told 04/05 does not have satellite radio. Last bit is slightly lower resale value because people are scared of the rear ends.

I looked for 5 months before flying to Utah to pick mine up, but I'm pretty picky so you can probably find one here (there were 6 for sale in Texas while I was searching). You do have to jump on them quickly. I'd call 2 hours after the ad went up on Autotrader to find out someone was already on their way with cash in hand. 04/05s should go for $15,000 - $20,000 depending on miles/mods. I think dvillegt just bought one for his mom for around $15,000 with 43,000 or so miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X