Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man faces 5yrs for snooping in wife's email...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man faces 5yrs for snooping in wife's email...

Could someone face prison time for snooping in a spouse's e-mail?

For Leon Walker of Michigan, the answer is yes.

Man Calls Court Case 'Insane'
    Suspecting that his wife was involved with another man, Walker logged into Clara Walker's Gmail account last summer.

Walker, 33, said it was easy for him to do because his wife kept the password in a book next to the computer.

Walker says he got confirmation of his suspicions, but he also got slapped with felony misuse of a computer charges and is facing up to five years in prison if he's convicted.
    Could someone face a felony charge for snooping through a spouse's e-mails? For Leon Walker of Michigan, the answer was yes. Walker, suspecting his wife of cheating on him, logged into her e-mail account using the password she kept in a book next to the computer. Michigan prosecutors have slapped him with felony charges for misuse of a computer.

Wow...this is ridiculous.

Crazy, I am sure some lawyer somewhere will be able to help get this one thrown out....Looks like that prosecutor is trying to make a name for themselves.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If I gotta go to prison for 5 years over this they might as well make it life cause I would kill that bitch
      Originally posted by Nash B.
      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        Crazy, I am sure some lawyer somewhere will be able to help get this one thrown out....Looks like that prosecutor is trying to make a name for themselves.
        I am pretty sure they would have to out do the lawyers that want to keep it in. Damn , I knew the auto industry was bad up there, but suing over something like this??? Were the two judges women??

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
          Were the two judges women??
          That is a good question. Or perhaps men whom have had their balls removed.

I don't know if I would kill her though, a lot of red tape and too much to lose. Nope, I would just loosen her bleeder valves on the brake calipers so her brakes just slowly stop working....by then hopefully she will be on the highway...
          You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
          You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If it was family property or in his/their home, I don't get how this is even making it this far at all.

Now if it was technically her laptop and it was in a home in her name...I don't know the technicalities there considering the were married.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Maybe a work laptop...that could probably do it

Comment

I don't know whether MI has a statute on the hacking thing, but I research the Violation of the Stored Communications Act (federal statute) a few years ago for a lawsuit I had and it was not meant for stuff like this. It was made for hacking into computers/servers/etc. The creators of the fed statute never envisioned it being applied to checking your spouse's email account. Does she have a civil cause of action for invasion of privacy or something similar? Maybe, but her damages would be next to nothing. Hence her desire to have him criminally prosecuted. Sounds like a revengeful spouse to me!

Comment

This will get nowhere, but it will obviously cost him a few $'s. I mean really, can you call it hacking when you leave your password pretty much in open site?

Comment

She is probably blowing them all just to keep it from getting thrown out...
                    Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                      This will get nowhere, but it will obviously cost him a few $'s. I mean really, can you call it hacking when you leave your password pretty much in open site?
                      sight
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

That is just fucked up. She is in the wrong and he is getting in trouble. Fuck a bunch of that non sense
                        99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                        going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                          sight
                          Thanks, maybe you can follow me around and correct all my grammar.

Comment

I saw an interview with the guy today. He obviously knew her passwords...I know my hubby's & he knows mine. I'm thinking she was a bit of a dumb cunt for not having a separate email account that he didn't know about with a password he wouldn't know. I can't believe they are going to prosecute this. Fucking stupid!
                            sigpic

Comment

fuck 'e,mmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X