Opinions on SCT/BAMA tuners.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on SCT/BAMA tuners.....

I'm going to get a tune on my '12 3.7/auto Mustang. I like the warranty & 24 hour support, and free tunes for life of "canned" tunes. Give me your opinions on BAMA, Diablosport, Superchips, etc. Likes, dislikes, or problems?????

Scott

I had a 5.0 and bama tune and had bad jerking and high idle problems. After 3 different tunes I gave up on them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Sct canned tune on a 2011 ecoboost, no issues. Their canned tune on the 5.0 resulted in a few idle issues. Cleared up after a custom tune. My tuner said the sct product is a pos though to work with for him
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
        My tuner said the sct product is a pos though to work with for him
        What tuner does he prefer?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Sct canned tune on a 2011 ecoboost, no issues. Their canned tune on the 5.0 resulted in a few idle issues. Cleared up after a custom tune. My tuner said the sct product is a pos though to work with for him

Haha - Its only a POS to people who aren't comfortable with it.

SCT is the best thing out for fords. The software has so much control it is unreal.

Comment

We tune with

SCT , Diablo, HP Tunners, Big Stuff, and Fast. All programs can be a pain in the ass, SCT has it good side but the hand helds take a long time to load and some time lock up. Lots of wasted time for a good tuner with a full schedule. As far as the over all tune, SCT is the best for fords and the one we recommend
            True Street MotorSports
            901 N McDonald St Suite 100
            McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
            Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Originally posted by Prime-Tuning.com View Post
              Haha - Its only a POS to people who aren't comfortable with it.

SCT is the best thing out for fords. The software has so much control it is unreal.
              I've had a Diablo Predator and no issues (6.2 GM).

Have an SCT in my Shelby and have zero issues.

David

Comment

Who tuned the car ?

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                  Who tuned the car ?
                  We did
                  True Street MotorSports
                  McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                  Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Guess I didn't ask the right question. What do you think of BAMA tunes? Only 2 answers, and those were funny idle issues on 5.0's

Comment

Originally posted by white trash wagon View Post
                      Guess I didn't ask the right question. What do you think of BAMA tunes? Only 2 answers, and those were funny idle issues on 5.0's
                      Mike Wilson is the tuner for Bama, he has been working with the SCT software for a long time and knohiss hat he is doing. For no mods to light mods I'm sure they are fine. But for a email tuners don't get to see the car on the dyno, a/f, timing, sort term/long term fuel trims, how the car acts inthe morning under cold starts. Most custom tuning shops get to see what the car wants, what it needs to not only make power but to make it safely.

Just my .02
                      True Street MotorSports
                      McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                      Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Originally posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
                        Mike Wilson is the tuner for Bama, he has been working with the SCT software for a long time and knohiss hat he is doing. For no mods to light mods I'm sure they are fine. But for a email tuners don't get to see the car on the dyno, a/f, timing, sort term/long term fuel trims, how the car acts inthe morning under cold starts. Most custom tuning shops get to see what the car wants, what it needs to not only make power but to make it safely.

Just my .02
                        Thanks! My car is stock, and will get 3.55 gears, axleback exhaust & a tune only. My main reason for wanting a tune is the sluggish auto tranny shifting charateristics.

Comment

Working...
                        X