Bug Out Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Out Kit

What all do you guys have in a "if the shit hits the fan" bug out kit? I guy at work is all doom and gloom and it got me thinking. What if socity as we know it ended? How long could you survive? Right now I have a .357 pistol with about 150 rounds and a 30-06 rifle with about 60 rounds. I also have some fishing poles and a tent. So If I could find a good water source and be able to fish I could probably survive for some time. I would have to move out of the desert in which I live though. I would probably go home to Arkansas or somewhere up North. Michigan or Winsconsin. Water is plentiful in those parts.

What gear do you need to live?

Ive got a lot of shit, but not in a pick up and go set up.

I'd be screwed, but could last a little while. THe lake is only 3 miles from the house, and ive got all the deer, cattle and wildlife to eat.

My problem would be people trying to take my resources and would prob get killed by one of them.

Comment

I am counting on the government to step in and look after me. As well as the local police departments who have our best interest in mind
      Last edited by Forever_frost; 09-02-2012, 09:21 PM.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Bug out kits aren't about long term survival. They're for short term, get you to safety situations.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Haven't we already done this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Numerous times...as with 90% of the discussions on here.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
              It's been slow. Trying to get a good discussion going.

Comment

bc powder thread is an original master piece

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  I am counting on the government to step in and look after me. As well as the local police departments who have our best interest in mind
                  this
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Being that I live in the sticks, compared to most of you concrete dwellers, I'd bug out to home, keep a little ammo, few guns, etc at the house. Have a little stock pile of various stuff in a few locations not to far from the house that would help if needed.

Comment

I have a few days supply of beer, a couple dozen MRE's, 2 boxes of Ramen noodles (2x20), 5 cases of bottled water, 2 9mm handguns with about 1000rds of various mixed FMJ and JHP, a lever action .30-30 with about 100rds, an 870 Express with about 80 mixed dove and .00 buckshot, a .22 Marlin rifle with a few hundred white box rds, a few knives, fishing gear, and 2 vicious attack trained dogs.

Comment

No bug out bag, cause honestly - if I have to bug out, I'm fucked for 101 different reasons.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Get to the family plane (if possible) and fly to a house we have on the end of a long and narrow peninsula that less than an 8th of a mile wide at its narrowest. We have plenty of food (long term storage), guns, fishing stuff, fuel, and other survival items.
                          Originally posted by lincolnboy
                          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Must have a couple of thousand dollars in cash.
                            Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              No bug out bag, cause honestly - if I have to bug out, I'm fucked for 101 different reasons.
                              Being in DC I will be in the blast zone anyway. Fuck it.

Comment

Working...
                              X