Cholesterol question for the docs here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    So your wife works there and you can't get a hook-up? My girlfriend is laughing at you.
    Shouldn't she be in bed at this hour? Wonder if her parents know shes still awake...

Cholesterol changes daily so it's something you may have an impact on... What can you do? No clue, but water, little food, and a simvastaten (sp?) of sorts will definitely help.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Shouldn't she be in bed at this hour? Wonder if her parents know shes still awake...

Cholesterol changes daily so it's something you may have an impact on... What can you do? No clue, but water, little food, and a simvastaten (sp?) of sorts will definitely help.

Best of luck.
      She was in bed. Her parents know where she is. She's my age! You're thinking of Drew's woman
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Cut out animal fat, fried and greasy foods and watch all kinds of sugar intake, including alcohol. Increase your fiber intake and drink lots of water. Not sure how fast it will all work initially and might be outside your time frame window.

Here are a couple quick links I found that may help a little more. If you are trying for something in the next 24hrs, may try sticking to water and any type of the soluble fiber stuff today, and then fast 8-12 hours before getting blood drawn.

http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts....es_6006-1.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/CL00002

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hdl...sterol/CL00030

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          Need to find someone to give you a liter or two of saline right before you get your blood drawn. Dilution is the key
          Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          She doesn't work at the lab where the blood goes though.
          Perfect, go see wife before appt, get saline, go to blood draw...

Solid plan

Comment

There's not a good way to acutely drop cholesterol except what has been stated above. Adding in niacin may be of benefit. Good luck.

Comment

Does cholersterol exist in blood plasma? Donate lots of plasma.

If it's not in the plasma, donate whole blood, to remove a bit of the latent bad cholesterol in the blood.
              (be careful if you are fasting)
              Eat oats.
              Drink water.
              Jay Johnson
              Car hauler for hire

Comment

Who the hell are you contracting for that requires this and flies out of SC? Just curious.

Each time I in processed - I believe they just took blood to make sure I did not have the HIV. Otherwise, people bled a lot from the dentist off base having teeth pulled and that's about it.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  There's not a good way to acutely drop cholesterol except what has been stated above. Adding in niacin may be of benefit. Good luck.
                  Thanks, I looked at adding some niacin but opted against it for right now.

I gave another sample this morning and if it is not low enough I will try again on Saturday. I figure I only have till the first of next week to get a good number before my window is closed on the job offer.

What really pisses me off is that they have 2 other physicals (aug'10,sep'11) and they never said shit about my cholesterol. I got a look at the results yesterday and they were off the charts high. I always figured I was fine since no one ever counseled me on the results. Hell I would have been on meds and changes long ago if that were the case.

I have cut out the sugars, fats, cholesterols in my diet. It sucks, suck, sucks and I am lethargic right now but I have loaded up on oatmeals, cheerios, yogurts, chicken wraps etc. Cutting out the Dr. Peppers in exchange for water has me wanting to cheat but I think that will pass in a few days.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Thanks, I looked at adding some niacin but opted against it for right now.

I gave another sample this morning and if it is not low enough I will try again on Saturday. I figure I only have till the first of next week to get a good number before my window is closed on the job offer.

What really pisses me off is that they have 2 other physicals (aug'10,sep'11) and they never said shit about my cholesterol. I got a look at the results yesterday and they were off the charts high. I always figured I was fine since no one ever counseled me on the results. Hell I would have been on meds and changes long ago if that were the case.

I have cut out the sugars, fats, cholesterols in my diet. It sucks, suck, sucks and I am lethargic right now but I have loaded up on oatmeals, cheerios, yogurts, chicken wraps etc. Cutting out the Dr. Peppers in exchange for water has me wanting to cheat but I think that will pass in a few days.
                    I'm on cholesterol reducers that was told "if you skip a day it goes right back up", so in theory, they work quickly?

Let me know if you need to hold a little somethin' somethin'....

Comment

Done.
                      Total Cholesterol 199
                      HDL 39
                      LDL 119

All well within their acceptable limits. Looks like I need to keep up with the oatmeal, no sodas, cheerios and other good habits.

One step closer to getting a green light for the new/old job.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Congrats!
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Done.
                          Total Cholesterol 199
                          HDL 39
                          LDL 119

All well within their acceptable limits. Looks like I need to keep up with the oatmeal, no sodas, cheerios and other good habits.

Awesome! I figured it would work out. A "water fast" cleans out quite a bit. I remember doing it to make weight for wrestling in high school...along with the ExLax. YUCK! I haven't taken that shit since 1978.

Comment

Congratulations Keith, keep it up!
                            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                            '13 Dodge Cummins
                            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

so the water only trick worked eh?

Comment

Done.
                                Total Cholesterol 199
                                HDL 39
                                LDL 119

Congrats man. Good luck on the new gig. I wish you could find something decent on this side of the world. Keep your head on a swivel and be safe.
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X