Cummins guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Photonfanatic View Post
    That's all fine and well, I'm just saying that other people's experiences seem to be different from yours.
    LOL!! I'm waving that flag...I'm more than happy to let this guy look over the 70+ pages (literally) of work orders from my last POS Dodge 2500. Let me tell you, it's not cool driving around in Texas in a 3 yr old vehicle with the windows down in the summer b/c that's the more comfortable option...or having to disconnect the battery at the airport for fear it may not start when you get back 3-5 days later, or worrying that your dog is going to get into the anti-freeze that the fucker leaks all over the driveway every time you park it, or the annoyance of the door locks randomly locking and/or unlocking on their own while driving down the road, as well as the random door chime (with all doors closed) while driving down the road.

I could go on, but I'm betting you get what I'm saying. 4 incompetant dealerships couldn't fix it under warranty....actually I ended up diagnosing most of the electrical issues myself, but I finally gave up and threw in the towel on the AC and coolant leak problems that they never could fix for longer than a few weeks. 2-years was enough for me....if that Dodge was on fire, I'd push my new 10' F150 away from it before I'd piss on that Dodge to put it out.

The 5.9 was awesome...great power with just a Bullydog, good MPG, etc....but it still wasn't enough to overcome the shitbag wrapper that it came in.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

that sucks man, my 06 was problem free
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        my 06 is pretty much problem free as well.. The bypass hose did leak a bit starting this winter but stopped when I tightened the hose clamps.

I would though consider the F150 with teh eco motor IF its closer to $20k. I couldnt ever fork out $30k for a gas truck

Comment

Did some fucking homo just say something about a back up camera and a god damn rear entertainment package on his diesel truck?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Did some fucking homo just say something about a back up camera and a god damn rear entertainment package on his diesel truck?
            you should check out that back-up camera! that is one of the coolest options ever invented...i can back up amy's 2010 f150 to a trailer with ease. i can do it without, but it's so much easier with it. it's also great for parking...it's a fairly long truck (crew cab short bed), and i can back into a parking space and park about an inch off of the bumper behind me. when i get my next truck, it's going to have that rear-view camera, whether it comes with it or if i have to add it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              As are many others out there too....I just had a bad one, and I know that. I think what I'm more pissed about is that even though it was under warranty they basically told me to go pound some sand and live with it instead of making any real effort to make it right.

I've seen on the other forums that there are a lot of other happy 06'-07' owners out there too, safe to say probably the majority....but also a decent number that have dealt with crap like I did...seems they are really good or really bad with not much in-between. Hell some are even worse problems than what I had....at least mine never just stopped running going down the road.

Good thing for you is that you own an 03' now! I'll go on record and say that I'd own another 03-05'...matter of fact my 03' 1-ton was really a great truck...had a couple small electrical issues and a P/S leak but that was really all, and I worked that bastard pretty good too.

I have a neighbor that has one of my favorites....05' 3500 SRW Quad LWB 4x4 with the M6...he works from home so only has like ~50K on it too...that truck will be a helluva buy if he ever decides to sell it.
              70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

yeah this is my 3rd '03... and I had an early '04 also... only reason to own an 04.5+ truck is for the mega cab IMO

Comment

So that begs a question....how was the AC in those early Mega Cabs before they changed the dash layout?

I think it's a pretty widely known fact that the 06+ Mega's just had a shitty AC even when they are working right.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
                    you should check out that back-up camera! that is one of the coolest options ever invented...i can back up amy's 2010 f150 to a trailer with ease. i can do it without, but it's so much easier with it. it's also great for parking...it's a fairly long truck (crew cab short bed), and i can back into a parking space and park about an inch off of the bumper behind me. when i get my next truck, it's going to have that rear-view camera, whether it comes with it or if i have to add it.
                    It will come in handy if you need to go to the store to get some wine coolers!
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      Don't forget the box of tampons!
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        dooood! the local store that sells the mike's hard lemonade has some really small parking spots!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                          So that begs a question....how was the AC in those early Mega Cabs before they changed the dash layout?

I think it's a pretty widely known fact that the 06+ Mega's just had a shitty AC even when they are working right.
                          no such thing as an early Mega cab I'm just saying give me an 03/04 or give me an 06+ mega cab...

the mega cabs have shitty A/C because they block flow to the main vents in order to divert it to the rear vents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            no such thing as an early Mega cab I'm just saying give me an 03/04 or give me an 06+ mega cab...

the mega cabs have shitty A/C because they block flow to the main vents in order to divert it to the rear vents.
                            Ahh...ok, I gotcha. I had thought that the Mega's only started with the updated front end and interior for 06', but figured you must've known something that I didn't!

...and yes, not only the blocked flow, but also the design of the evap core...way that the refridgerant flows through cooling drivers vents and rear before getting to the passenger side. Once I saw that I couldn't believe how bonehead that design was. Mine always leaked somewhere and when it would start to get just a little low on refridgerant the passenger side vents would blow warm air, but the drivers side would still be cool. For a while I just thought the wife was bitching about a hot-flash or something until one day I reached over and felt it...her side felt like the heater was on! Oops! LOL!
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

• lol, been there!!!

we were viewing houses this summer and my wife and the realtor were hot as hell... I was fine. Then I felt the pass side vents!

topped off the refrigerant, and it was all good.

the 03/04's really are the best CR Cummins IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                lol, been there!!!

we were viewing houses this summer and my wife and the realtor were hot as hell... I was fine. Then I felt the pass side vents!

topped off the refrigerant, and it was all good.

the 03/04's really are the best CR Cummins IMO
                                what's the difference between the 03-04 & 04.5-05? i thought it was just the tune.

Comment

Working...
                                X