Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$56 to register a 16' tandem trailer? WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $56 to register a 16' tandem trailer? WTF?

Just picked up a 16' tandem utility trailer. Johnson co charges $56 a year. Just seems high to me. Wondering what you guys in other counties pay?

It is either 52 or 62 for my 18ft in Ellis co.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

dont know, I just found out they are looking for inspection stickers on car haulers now.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I paid more than that (think it was $80) for a little 6x10 trailer in Tarrant county

Comment

It is based on the weight rating, I've got some tandem trailers with 7k lb axles that are over a $100 a year.

Comment

Thats why I always hand made *wink* my jetski trailers....
            GIFSoup

Comment

8.5x16' i paid 77 for tags (2 years) and 86 for title fees. 7500lbs

damn communist state.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. About what i expected. Just sucks they hit this hard for trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  dont know, I just found out they are looking for inspection stickers on car haulers now.
                  Yeah, and they are checking for other stuff too.

I had mine in collin county and there have been a raft of trailer thefts there. Got pulled over by a bike cop once while pulling it and he gave the trailer a once over looking at the plates and the inspection sticker. He gave me a verbal warning to add another safety chain (I only had one) and let me go. I think he may have been looking for stolen trailers.

Damn trailer got stolen a few months later. Cops never found it

Comment

$56 a year is not alot of money
                    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                      $56 a year is not alot of money
                      It is the principal they are raising taxes on trailers for no reason

Comment

Yeah in cleburne I think it's a $56 min up to 10k lbs or something . thats what I payed last time I got a tag on my 5x10. I won't get another tag for 3-5 years though . I wait till they pull me over . It's cheaper that way.
                        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Inspection stickers on non commercial trailers ? News to me .
                          The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Register as farm trailer, 5 dollars a year. My brother does it for his car hauler but I have no clue how it qualifies as a farm trailer.

Comment

Working...
                            X