Looks like I'm not moving back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I'm not moving back

As many of you know, I was hoping to accept a job offer with an I-bank here in San Francisco that would let me move my primary location back to their Dallas office. I received the offer letter a few days ago and had an employment attorney look it over. New firm is telling me that they're all fine with the move to Dallas but they won't put anything in writing. After telling me they're fine with it, when I told them I needed that in the offer letter the Director of Research told me he'd have to check and see if there's space in the Dallas office. On top of that, the offer is for less $ with a title that's above my current.

So I keep telling them I need Dallas in writing, explain to them the economics of this deal (Dallas vs San Francisco) and they still won't put it in writing. I just think it's a little bizarre to offer LESS money and then wonder why I need shit like Dallas in writing before I'd accept. In fact the offer is so shitty $ wise that I can't even go to my current boss and make him counter.

Oh well, that's it...little bummed out about this one. We were REALLY looking forward to getting back home.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Sorry to hear that, man.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Sucks man. Hope ya make it back at some point!

Comment

Don't give up.

Comment

Thank guys. Had our hopes up a little on this one - been away from Dallas for more than 4 years now. My 10 month old boy's seen my sisters a total of 1 day and my mother a total of 5 days.
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Need to get in the Choooooooo$$$$$$$$$ choooooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ business and move back to TX.
              But sucks things didnt go the way you wanted. I disliked CA when I lived there.
              Last edited by sosoe; 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                Need to get in the Choooooooo$$$$$$$$$ choooooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ business and move back to TX.
                Ha, I can only dream of that kinda coin.

You know it goes: the wife already had like 10 houses picked out in Dallas to view, moving plans being made, etc. Dammit this sucks.

Comment

I dont know about you, But I myself would make the move or get a new Jay Oh Be out here. Id rather make less money and be happy with the Family instead of 1500+ miles and be hating decisions like this

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                    I dont know about you, But I myself would make the move or get a new Jay Oh Be out here. Id rather make less money and be happy with the Family instead of 1500+ miles and be hating decisions like this
                    It is less money. I'd take the lower pay to be in Dallas. They won't guarantee in writing that I could move to Dallas. So, my risk here is taking the job for lower comp and then them telling me, "Whoops, things changed, we can't let you move to Dallas anymore." You don't want to be in San Francisco making less money.

Comment

I don't even know how you deal with living in SF, it takes an hour to drive 5 miles during rush hour that shit sucks. Good luck with finding something back out here though.
                      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                      '13 Dodge Cummins
                      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                        I don't even know how you deal with living in SF, it takes an hour to drive 5 miles during rush hour that shit sucks. Good luck with finding something back out here though.
                        Yeah, traffic is awful. I go in around 5am and come home around 6-7pm most days so I miss the brunt of it. We don't drive on the weekends b/c you'll lose your parking spot and spend an hour trying to find another one.

Occasionally, we get stuck in Silicon Valley traffic - fuck that shit. We bought my wife's Acura on a Friday evening in Fremont and got stuck in that shit. 3 hours 45 minutes to go 34 miles.

Comment

That's ridiculous, I grew up in a small town North of Santa Rosa called Healdsburg and always dreaded going down to the bay area. I lived up there for 24yrs and maybe went to SF 40 times lol.
                          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                          '13 Dodge Cummins
                          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            Yeah, traffic is awful. I go in around 5am and come home around 6-7pm most days so I miss the brunt of it. We don't drive on the weekends b/c you'll lose your parking spot and spend an hour trying to find another one.

Occasionally, we get stuck in Silicon Valley traffic - fuck that shit. We bought my wife's Acura on a Friday evening in Fremont and got stuck in that shit. 3 hours 45 minutes to go 34 miles.
                            Jesus.... I went from Dallas to Odessa in that time. That is some fucked up traffic.

Comment

Sorry about the job people sending you mixed signals and screwing up your hopes. I'm also looking right now and I've run into a bunch of crap myself, like job openings that mysteriously get "placed on hold" and other job openings that keep getting re-advertised after I send in my application and hear nothing back (and I'm 100% qualified for the job based on the advertised requirements).

I'm flying out to LA this Sunday to interview for another job; hate to go into LA's/Californa's mess but that's where the job is.

Comment

Working...
                              X