That akward moment..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    When your mom purchases a car thats faster than anything you've ever owned.

Mom just got a '13 CTS-V coupe.. i was trying to sell her on the wagon, but for whatever reason a 60 yr old woman thinks a wagon is silly and the coupe is where it's at.

all i can say is that thing is on BEAST MODE!

now it's time to be nice and hope it gets willed to me

And she obviously has better taste than you. LOL, Good for her

Comment

Pretty cool Rodney! Maybe the cougar is on the prowl?

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        If you could only have your vette or caddy, which one would you choose?
        I really hate to say it, but I'd probably take the Caddy. The Vette is a lot more fun to drive and that roughly thousand pounds of reduced weight over the Caddy is very noticeable especially in transitions. The performance envelope is much higher than the Caddy too.

However, beyond that, the Caddy is quieter, smoother, much nicer interior, more interior features, cheaper cost, and still has great performance and handling for the kind of car it is. It's also more versatile with the back seat and just a better daily driver which is mostly what I do. I only hit track days about 4-5 weekends a year which is one of the few places the Vette shines over the Caddy.

In short, the Caddy feels like a more expensive car than the Vette. I do believe a lot of that is the nicer interior and extra weight which provides for more sound deadening, etc.

All that said, I have zero intention of getting rid of the Vette. It's just a blast to drive whenever I get behind the wheel plus I like rowing the gears in the Vette whereas I got an automatic in the Caddy (which is very good with the new '12 software programming).
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
          I got an automatic in the Caddy (which is very good with the new '12 software programming).
          Did you drive any earlier versions for comparison? I drove a stock and then slightly modded (tuned) '09 and despised the automatic. I know a lot of guys swear by the autos in those, I'm just not a fan so far.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
            Did you drive any earlier versions for comparison? I drove a stock and then slightly modded (tuned) '09 and despised the automatic. I know a lot of guys swear by the autos in those, I'm just not a fan so far.
            Yes, the transmission programming in the '12 V is very good. It's not a DCT/PDK dual clutch, but it's probably as good as a torque converter stock automatic can be. Good, firm shifts in sport mode, perfect rev matching downshifts, and smooth easy shifting in normal mode. The transmission responds pretty quickly to the shift buttons on the steering wheel as well. Overall, I have zero complaints with the 6L90E in the '12 V.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Rich

Comment

these are shitty pics, i'll take some better ones when i make it out to frisco this weekend

Last edited by naynay; 09-19-2012, 01:04 PM.
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

sigpic

Comment

works for me??
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Not me...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

how about hosting the pictures, and not trying to share them from the same screen you're viewing your email?

Temporary Error (404m)

We’re sorry, but your Gmail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.

If the issue persists, please visit the Gmail Help Center ยป

Try Again Sign Out

Show Detailed Technical Info
                        sigpic

Comment

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Fuck, thats pimp and I don't even like the two doors.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Pictures work for me on a tablet using tapatalk.
                              Slow moving projects
                              1964 C10 350/700r4
                              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
                                Pictures work for me on a tablet using tapatalk.
                                He edited the post before you got here.

I didn't like the 2doors at first. They've grown on me now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X