Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy 4 ga. Alternator wire....20 ft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy 4 ga. Alternator wire....20 ft?

I'm trying to wire up the alternator on the race car. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get 20 feet without costing an arm and a leg?

Thanks
    Last edited by jason07; 09-20-2012, 11:34 AM.

With?

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
      With?
      Lol whoops.

Fixed

Comment

welding supply store
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Walmart. Use the car amplifier kit. Or a car audio store, you can buy it by the foot.

Comment

Jason, car amplifier wire will work but is not as good of quality as welding cable. The Ace hardware store by my house sells exactly what you are looking for by the foot.

Comment

Not spending an arm and a leg on copper? Hell, when you figure that out, let us know.

Maybe a circle track shop if the above options dont work.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                I'm trying to wire up the alternator on the race car. Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get 20 feet without costing an arm and a leg?

Thanks
                I bought way too much, when do you need it?
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by kidcapri View Post
                  Jason, car amplifier wire will work but is not as good of quality as welding cable. The Ace hardware store by my house sells exactly what you are looking for by the foot.
                  Thanks Rick. I will check that place out tomorrow. I need to go by the scrap metal place that Brooks goes to. I need to mount all my electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    welding supply store
                    I always get mine there too
                    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                    '13 Dodge Cummins
                    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      I bought way too much, when do you need it?
                      If you got 20 feet I will grab it from you.

Pm sent

Comment

super cheap at welding supply store and more flexible then the car audio stuff.

Comment

if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have gone with the amp wire I bought initially - it didn't last long. A simple zip tie in the wrong place pulled it too tight and rubbed a hole in the liner, grounding out the cable and causing all kinds of problems.

I switched over to welding cable, available at almost all Ace hardware stores by the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                            if I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have gone with the amp wire I bought initially - it didn't last long. A simple zip tie in the wrong place pulled it too tight and rubbed a hole in the liner, grounding out the cable and causing all kinds of problems.

I switched over to welding cable, available at almost all Ace hardware stores by the foot.
                            we use the thick stranded (and hard sheilded ) stuff for just that reason.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                              super cheap at welding supply store and more flexible then the car audio stuff.
                              I have not seen it "super cheap" anywhere........especially what you would consider super cheap

If I'm not mistaken it is over $5/ft

edit: that was for the 0 gauge

Comment

Working...
                              X