Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the deal with all the CL scammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the deal with all the CL scammers?

Ive gotten 5 emails and three texts today alone from scammers.

Last week I played a bit of cat and mouse with one of them to see what the paypal scam was all about. Apparently they send you an email that looks like paypal would have sent and hope you are an idiot and send them real money.

Are there enough dumb folks out there handing out money left and right that these guys are multiplying?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

I don't know, but the people in the bicycle section are flat out maddening. I've called/emailed/texted no less than 6 different people with current ads, some just a day old, and they flat out will not respond. If it's sold, fucking say so or remove the ad, or tell me to get bent, whatever, but respond for fuck's sake. It makes absolutely no sense. I've always had good luck with CL, but I'm beside myself on this one.

Comment

wtf, what is the deal with double posting?

Comment

see me there

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          see me there
          Where?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

There.... duh

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              There.... duh
              Over where?
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

wtf, what is the deal with double posting?
                You are strange...
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  You are strange...
                  And to think, you were in the same room with me when I had a gun.

On topic though, I can't stand a listing sitting out there and never coming down after the item was bought days ago. Same thing goes with house hunting. Alot of houses are off the market and still online.

Comment

And to think, you were in the same room with me when I had a gun.
                    I think it was my gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      I think it was my gun.
                      hmmmm, yours or Chili's. It was a xd40 or something like that.

Comment

If no number is posted I won't even attempt to buy the item.
                        Street car.

Comment

Finally sold my motorcycle on there two weeks ago. I was so tired of the is it still available scammers.

I put if it is online it is available. The other thing I put is no trades for other motorcycles or non side by side four wheelers. Sure enough, 7/10 trades were a motorcycle or four wheeler, or a fishing boat(I stated ski only).

Dealing with retards on there isn't fun, but I finally gave it away. I'm about to put a truck on there and I'm really looking forward to that. It has become way to hard to sell items that cost more than a couple hundred bucks. I'm not sure I should even bother with listing my gt500 on there or not.

Comment

I haven't sold anything on there in a while and was thinking about listing a car, but now I don't know if I want to or not after hearing your guys horror stories. Is it better ot just list an email or phone number, I really don't need any dumbfucks calling me.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              I haven't sold anything on there in a while and was thinking about listing a car, but now I don't know if I want to or not after hearing your guys horror stories. Is it better ot just list an email or phone number, I really don't need any dumbfucks calling me.
                              I know some people won't even try if you don't list a phone number. What I do is put in the very first line, "ALL EMAILS WILL GET A RESPONSE". Then I actually make sure to check my email everyday. I put my number on an ad once and was getting people calling all hours of the day and night. Fuck doing that again. Yes,I have a Craigslist ad but its 3 fucking AM, go fuck yourself.
                              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
                              X