"Flight From Hell" Sits On JFK Runway For Eight Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Flight From Hell" Sits On JFK Runway For Eight Hours

These folks probably thought they were one of the lucky few to get a flight into New York City...until they landed. Here's the story of how one British Airways flight sat overnight on JFK's runway for eight hours.

Wonder if they'll have to pay a surcharge for room and board.

Comment

I have a great idea, lets put these people in charge of health care!
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

8 hours sitting down, with food, drinks, and a bathroom, nevermind they could've shown in-flight movies?

Chopper goes around Sydney telling people to "Harden the Fuck up"Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M13f6D3jh2IHeath Franklin's Chopper in Make Deadshi...
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I thought the new laws mandated that 3 hours was tops they could hold you on a plane on the runway/

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            I thought the new laws mandated that 3 hours was tops they could hold you on a plane on the runway/
            Just because laws exist doesn't mean they won't get broken.

8 hours is jacked up, I would have faked some chest pains or something LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
              have those taken effect yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                8 hours sitting down, with food, drinks, and a bathroom, nevermind they could've shown in-flight movies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIV...e_gdata_player
                Yeah, 8 hours on a cramped, stuffy airplane. Fuck flying, its not even worth it anymore. From now on if I can't drive there, I'm not going. I spent close to 10 hrs in the old AA terminal at JFK during shitty weather once, and that place was a major shit-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by ELD3782 View Post
                  Yeah, 8 hours on a cramped, stuffy airplane. Fuck flying, its not even worth it anymore. From now on if I can't drive there, I'm not going. I spent close to 10 hrs in the old AA terminal at JFK during shitty weather once, and that place was a major shit-hole.
                  Did you even click on the link?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                    have those taken effect yet?
                    Only for domestic flights, and then only if you actually read the attached article.

Comment

Only for domestic flights, and then only if you actually read the attached article.
                      fuck reading that article

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                        fuck reading that article
                        You didn't click the link I posted either, did you?

Comment

Did you even click on the link?
                          Sure did, Mr. Post Police. Just commenting on how bad flying fuckings sucks, regardless. Stranded on the plane on the runway or in the cramped terminal, neither one seem to be too much fucking fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ELD3782 View Post
                            Sure did, Mr. Post Police. Just commenting on how bad flying fuckings sucks, regardless. Stranded on the plane on the runway or in the cramped terminal, neither one seem to be too much fucking fun.
                            Did you bleed? Did anything break? If not, there probably wasn't anything wrong with you when you deplaned, and you need to suck it up. In the words of Louis C. K.: "It was so terrible? Really? I'm pretty sure you just flew hundreds of miles an hour, thousands of feet in the sky, to get thousands of miles away in a matter of hours. You used to need a wizard for that."

Comment

That's what he gets for using twitter!

Comment

Working...
                              X