Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom arrested for giving her 11 year old a tattoo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom arrested for giving her 11 year old a tattoo.

If you can get parental consent, then what is the cut off age at its youngest? Not that that isn't dumb, but if it isn't defined, what crime has she committed?

If your pre-teen wanted a tattoo, would you let her get one? A North Carolina mom who moonlights as a tattoo artist figured it would be fine, and now she's in trouble with police for giving her 11-year-old daughter a tattoo.

"She asked me to do it," 30-year-old Odessa Clay, who sports plenty of her own body art, told WCTI-TV. The tattoo is of a small heart near the girl's right shoulder.

Clay told the TV station that she thought minors could get tattoos as long as their parents approved; given that she's the girl's mother, she didn't think it would be a problem. Clay, who also hangs drywall and sells Mary Kay products, according to her public Facebook page, said that she used her own tattoo instruments and numbed her daughter's arm before permanently drawing on the outline of a heart.

"I didn't fill it in," she said, adding that the girl was not in any pain.

Given that she inked her daughter last year, but wasn't arrested until late September, Clay says that she thinks a former in-law told police about her daughter's body art in retaliation for the police report that Clay filed recently against her daughter's paternal grandfather. Clay is due in court next month to face a single count of tattooing a person under the age of 18, and has not been charged with child abuse.

At least her daughter's tattoo is tiny. In June, a 13-year-old boy in Washington state went on a trip with a family friend and returned with a 6-inch tattoo of a dragon on his chest.

"The parents were not happy about it," police told The Associated Press. "The parents would not have allowed or condoned it."

Almost every state requires parental permission in order to tattoo a minor; in North Carolina and 13 other states, kids under age 18 can't get tattoos even if their parents do approve. (You can find a state-by-state listing of body art regulations here.) The reasoning is that kids, no matter how savvy they seem, aren't mature enough to make life-altering decisions on their own.

Earlier this year, Chuntera Napier was arrested in Georgia and charged with child cruelty and being party to a crime after she allowed her 10-year-old son, Gaquan, to get a tattoo in honor of his late brother.

"I always thought if a parent gives consent, then it's fine," Napier said in January. "How can somebody else say it's not OK? He's my child, and I have a right to say what I want for my child."

hmmmmm, interesting. A parent should say "no," but are they criminal?
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

Vadertt would like to see this "dragon" chest tattoo
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        Well he has one of his own on the way so.. Maybe the kid will get one right after he's popped out of the womb?

Comment

Next up is the tramp stamp.

Comment

You answered your own question, dude.
            Originally posted by talisman View Post
            If you can get parental consent, then what is the cut off age at its youngest? Not that that isn't dumb, but if it isn't defined, what crime has she committed?

If your pre-teen wanted a tattoo, would you let her get one? A North Carolina mom who moonlights as a tattoo artist figured it would be fine, and now she's in trouble with police for giving her 11-year-old daughter a tattoo.

"She asked me to do it," 30-year-old Odessa Clay, who sports plenty of her own body art, told WCTI-TV. The tattoo is of a small heart near the girl's right shoulder.

Clay told the TV station that she thought minors could get tattoos as long as their parents approved; given that she's the girl's mother, she didn't think it would be a problem. Clay, who also hangs drywall and sells Mary Kay products, according to her public Facebook page, said that she used her own tattoo instruments and numbed her daughter's arm before permanently drawing on the outline of a heart.

"I didn't fill it in," she said, adding that the girl was not in any pain.

Given that she inked her daughter last year, but wasn't arrested until late September, Clay says that she thinks a former in-law told police about her daughter's body art in retaliation for the police report that Clay filed recently against her daughter's paternal grandfather. Clay is due in court next month to face a single count of tattooing a person under the age of 18, and has not been charged with child abuse.

At least her daughter's tattoo is tiny. In June, a 13-year-old boy in Washington state went on a trip with a family friend and returned with a 6-inch tattoo of a dragon on his chest.

"The parents were not happy about it," police told The Associated Press. "The parents would not have allowed or condoned it."

Almost every state requires parental permission in order to tattoo a minor; in North Carolina and 13 other states, kids under age 18 can't get tattoos even if their parents do approve. (You can find a state-by-state listing of body art regulations here.) The reasoning is that kids, no matter how savvy they seem, aren't mature enough to make life-altering decisions on their own.

Earlier this year, Chuntera Napier was arrested in Georgia and charged with child cruelty and being party to a crime after she allowed her 10-year-old son, Gaquan, to get a tattoo in honor of his late brother.

"I always thought if a parent gives consent, then it's fine," Napier said in January. "How can somebody else say it's not OK? He's my child, and I have a right to say what I want for my child."
            Lol @ "Chuntera."
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
              Well he has one of his own on the way so.. Maybe the kid will get one right after he's popped out of the womb?
              Dragon Baby= awesomeness
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

"Clay, who also hangs drywall and sells Mary Kay products"

gotta have more than one hustle these days!

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Some people just should not reproduce. What a dumb bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    "Clay, who also hangs drywall and sells Mary Kay products"

gotta have more than one hustle these days!

god bless.
                    Probably not one you'd want to take home to Mom...unless she needed make-up.

Comment

Why would someone give a 11 year old a Tattoo
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                        hmmmmm, interesting. A parent should say "no," but are they criminal?
                        This about sums it up. Not child abuse, just piss poor parenting. I'd rather see the standard wal-mart parent arrested. You know the brats screaming, tearing up the isles and running into you, then looking at you like you needed to move...etc...etc.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          This about sums it up. Not child abuse, just piss poor parenting. I'd rather see the standard wal-mart parent arrested. You know the brats screaming, tearing up the isles and running into you, then looking at you like you needed to move...etc...etc.
                          she wasn't arrested for being a parent allowing her kid to get a tattoo, she was arrested as a tattoo artist who tattooed an underage person.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            In June, a 13-year-old boy in Washington state went on a trip with a family friend and returned with a 6-inch tattoo of a dragon on his chest.

June of 1995, I made the news.

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                            We already have a neck tattoo picked out.
                            Ded

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X