Drink up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drink up

Famed cocktail bartender Salvatore Calabrese has broken the Guinness World Records mark for creating the most expensive cocktail in history.

"I'm not only going to make the most expensive cocktail in the world but surely the world's oldest cocktail," Calabrese says in a video documenting the eponymous "Salvatore's Legacy" at the Playboy Club London. He notes that the ingredients used have a combined age of more than 700 years: "730 years of history," he says. "Truly a liquid history in a glass."

For the rest of us, sipping the concoction will cost a hefty $8,824.

ShortList Magazine explains that the four ingredients used to make the cocktail are hundreds of years old: a 1778 Clos de Griffier vieux cognac, a 1770 Kummel liqueur, a circa 1860 Dubb orange Curacao and two dashes of Angostura bitters dating from around 1900.

Calabrese surpassed the previous record holder, a high-end Old Fashioned made by the Skyview Bar in Dubai and worth a reported $6,054.30.

You can watch the full video of Calabrese creating the Luxury below:

Famed cocktail bartender Salvatore Calabrese has broken the Guinness World Records mark for creating the most expensive cocktail in history. "I'm not only going to make the most expensive cocktail in the world but surely the world's oldest cocktail," Calabrese says in a video documenting the eponymous "Salvatore's Legacy" at the Playboy Club London. He [...]
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Yeah I don't get it...
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

i bet it taste like egyptian mummy piss

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        i bet it taste like egyptian mummy piss
        but you gotta admit being one of few to taste mummy piss yields bragging rights... especially since it's European booze and not piss
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Mixing a bunch of really old shit is not impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Mixing a bunch of really old shit is not impressive.
            And screw all that !$$ as well

Comment

While "they" say some booze gets better with age some people don't. Some people have more money then sense.

Comment

fail, stick with highlife

Comment

I, as well as the rest of dfwmustangs ballers, use this concoction to merely rinse our mouths after brushing our teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                    I, as well as the rest of dfwmustangs ballers, use this concoction to merely rinse our mouths after brushing our teeth.
                    I piss this stuff, I'm that much of a baller!
                    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                    Originally posted by Trick Pony
                    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Working...
                    X