Big Spring Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Spring Texas

First time to visit Big Spring and all I can say is "What a Shit Hole". Had to come out here for 4 days and do some work for the Co. I work for. The only hotel I could find cost 269.00 per night and is the worst I have ever stayed at in my life. Smells nasty, and a smokers room and that was the last one they had, some kind of Oil Field Convention in Midland and every hotel within 50 miles is booked. Did find another hotel about 20-30 miles away in Snyder for 155.00 per night and it's a smoke free and brand new. So made reservation there for the rest of the week, buging out of the Bates Motel in the morning, going to work and looking forward to 5 when I get off, Shit I would walk the extra miles not to have to sleep in this dump another night.
    The only places to eat here is fast food. God I love home.
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Nice story.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Comment

Welcome to the oil field. The whole permian basin is like that. See why we moved back to DFW?
        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by mustang87 View Post
          First time to visit Big Spring and all I can say is "What a Shit Hole". Had to come out here for 4 days and do some work for the Co. I work for. The only hotel I could find cost 269.00 per night and is the worst I have ever stayed at in my life. Smells nasty, and a smokers room and that was the last one they had, some kind of Oil Field Convention in Midland and every hotel within 50 miles is booked. Did find another hotel about 20-30 miles away in Snyder for 155.00 per night and it's a smoke free and brand new. So made reservation there for the rest of the week, buging out of the Bates Motel in the morning, going to work and looking forward to 5 when I get off, Shit I would walk the extra miles not to have to sleep in this dump another night.
          No convention, its every day life there

Comment

Originally posted by mustang87 View Post
            Never stayed there, but drove through plenty and I had no doubt it sucked. Maybe worth the drive west a little for KDs. I really like KDs.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              No convention, its every day life there
              Yes a convention. It's the Permian Basin oil show.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Have fun in Synder! Big spring does suck and I'm honestly surprised you even found that room. Especially with the oil show going on...as far as the smell everyone says it stinks out here, but I've never smelled it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Big Spring was a bad place to have to stay for work 20+ years ago and obviously still is.

Comment

You should have seen it in 1999 when oil was $12 a barrel.

Comment

269 a night!? I'd have taken my camping gear and bought a month's membership at a local gym for $30 to use the showers.

Screw that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        Yes a convention. It's the Permian Basin oil show.
                        Yea, there are entire bars and restaurants not open at night this week because companies are renting them out for their Oil Show parties. People are renting out their house for 1k-1500 a night for the week.

Comment

That entire area stinks of oil.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            That entire area stinks of oil.
                            Smells like $$$$$$, Big Spring smells because of that refinery.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                              Smells like $$$$$$, Big Spring smells because of that refinery.
                              lol!

I guess, but it seemed that once I got past Big Spring it got worse and worse til I passed Odessa. Once I got to Pecos is was clean air again...

<---BTW this playa made it from Pecos to Plano in 6hours in my 09GT.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X