Title Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Question

Looking at buying a car tonight but the seller has the title already signed on the back to a different purchaser. What kind of headaches will this get me trying to register the car under my name? Someting happened when it came to paying so the buyer backed out apparently.

Sounds sketchy. How do you know he doesn't know the person and is trying to pull a fast one saying the car is stolen?

Comment

There's a form you can get at the tax/title office for mis-signed (or mis-stated) items on titles. I had a lady sign about every blank incorrectly on her title. They Gave me a form to show corrections, which she then signed (basically absolving me of responsibility) and all was good.

Comment

Have the seller get a duplicate title. It's cheap and can be delivered by snail mail in a matter of a few days (at least in Tarrant County)

Comment

thanks guys, looking for that form you mentioned online vertnut

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Have the seller get a duplicate title. It's cheap and can be delivered by snail mail in a matter of a few days (at least in Tarrant County)
            This. Don't even consider fucking around with a title issue. It will likely end up being more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.
            - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
            1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Lol at everyone's responses. It is not a big deal at all. He will need to sign an affidavit of Fact from the tax office showing you as the purchaser instead of the other guy. Do not make changes on the title ONLY on the affidavit of Fact.

Comment

Or shoot me an email and I will email you form you need him to fill out. john@ccladmin.com

Comment

You should be able to get a duplicate title when you walk in. I remember walking out with a duplicate title many times. It will be brown instead of blue.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I got a duplicate from a DMV office on Gravel Road in FTW, but I didn't need it immediately so I had them mail it. Even then it was quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jr347 View Post
                      Or shoot me an email and I will email you form you need him to fill out. john@ccladmin.com
                      Sent you an email, Thanks!

Comment

No problem, having my secretary send one over now.

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
                        Sent you an email, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X