Is America headed for another Great Depression in the next 5 to 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is America headed for another Great Depression in the next 5 to 10 years

I am curious of everyones thoughts on this. I have heard rumors of gas going up to $5.00 this summer & for sure will hit $4.00 & $5 in places like Chicago & Cali & New York.

Job loss is at a all time high. The cost of medical insurance is through the roof in this country. The working man is getting killed to provide medical care for his kids.

But I like to think we can pull through these rough times our country is going through.

I was talking to my Grandmothers neighbor Mrs Miller this past weekend & she really believes we are headed for another Great Depression. She is a old timer from the Old World, Back when people didnt have to worry & be scared of getting robbed or their house being broken in.

Im curious to hear everyones thoughts on this. I hear from people we will be fine. But when I hear the old timers like Mrs Miller 86 & Mr Hooper 82 talk that we are headed for hard times. I have to listen.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

My brother thinks it's going to be bad in about 10 years. Really bad. He is privy to information that we wouldn't normally have and he hasn't said exactly how, but he's planning on buying up some acreage way North of the metro and building on it hoping to be completely self-sufficient as far as fuel, food, etc. He thinks it's going to get pretty scary.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

who gives a shit, 2nite we party like its 1999!

Comment

If the government stays over-involved, with out a doubt.

If they back off and let incentive to prosper take over, we'll pull out. Obamacare needs to go away.

My long term desire, after school, is to look for opportunities outside of this country because I feel like the US is about to get slammed into a wall as a wake up call that will be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
          My brother thinks it's going to be bad in about 10 years. Really bad. He is privy to information that we wouldn't normally have and he hasn't said exactly how, but he's planning on buying up some acreage way North of the metro and building on it hoping to be completely self-sufficient as far as fuel, food, etc. He thinks it's going to get pretty scary.
          is he getting shacked up with reba MCintyre?

Comment

Comment

5-10 yrs won't matter.. the lease is up in less than 2yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                who gives a shit, 2nite we party like its 1999!
                Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                is he getting shacked up with reba MCintyre?
                Stupid fucks like Steve will make climbing out very difficult. He survives by default and consumes resources that are valuable to the rest of us. Next time he gets a DUI and goes off to the pokey, the world should pitch in, buy 2 cartons and a toothbrush and mule them into the jail.

Comment

all i know is inflation is fixing to go through the roof and our dollar is ony goin to be worth the paper it is printed on

What do we compare our Dollar to? The pound? but isnt the pound also taking a dump too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Stupid fucks like Steve will make climbing out very difficult. He survives by default and consumes resources that are valuable to the rest of us. Next time he gets a DUI and goes off to the pokey, the world should pitch in, buy 2 cartons and a toothbrush and mule them into the jail.
                    oh like im holding you back MR perfect. LMAO!

Comment

Im not the smartest guy and I know im not. But I know when oldtimers are telling me Heads up Sebastian. Shit is about to get rough. I wonder why they would put that fear in me at their old age.

Then when they talk about how when they where young the America only got Federal Tax's paid at the end of the year & your State Tax on your house. The way they explain America was built on way less Tax Income from America's Citizens. All the roads & bridges built in this country & the Dams IE Hoover Dam for exaple was built just off Fed Tax which was way lower then.

Then you look at our Medical problem. That bubble is going to pop here in the near future. I know people who pay as much on their medical insurance as they do for their Mortgage on their house.

I dont understand. All the signs are there that we are headed for hard times. But the goverment just wants to tax us more & more! Do they not see they are killing our country. We where left a mess of a country from our parents & grandparents. Even Mrs Miller felt bad how our goverment has become & she almost talked like she felt like she caused it. I do believe the damage that was done to our country was done long ago & it has only gotton worse at a faster rate since Reagen!
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I went grocery shopping with my wife this morning and I was a little surprised at how high some things have gotten recently. Ethanol is becoming a big reason food is going up. We should NOT burn in our engines what belongs in our bodies. As long as Uncle Barry keeps those cornfields growing for gas pumps instead of feed and our stomachs, our food will go up in price.

High gas prices will KILL an economic recovery quicker than about anything.

Comment

oh and lets not forget all the millions of baby boomers hitting social security and medicare age

Comment

Yes. The world is coming to an end.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                              oh and lets not forget all the millions of baby boomers hitting social security and medicare age
                              Right no shit! I have been paying in to SS for the last 20 years & now my parents are coming to that age where they get to collect. How are you going to tell Americans. Sorry I know you have paid in to SS for the past 30 years. But its gone now!

Yeah lets see how Americans react to that news
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                              X