Will my dogo be okay? Vets inside..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my dogo be okay? Vets inside..

Long story short, I went on my run approximately 4:30 this morning. When I got back, she was snacking on a gallon sized zip lock trying to get the remaining 4-5 almonds out. She ate about 1 lb. Of almonds... Is there anything I should do, or be worried, if anyone knows.

Thanks.

This is the suspect..
    Last edited by Dlachance; 11-01-2012, 10:17 AM.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Nothing to worry about too much, IMO.

I had a dog eat 1lb of chocolate covered coffee beans. I called they vet, they said force about 1 cup of 50% hydrogen peroxide and 50% water down her mouth, which I did.

She started vomiting instantly and cleared her out well. I'd probably suggest doing the same, but no major cause of worry...

Comment

them gona be some nasty farts.

Comment

Let her hang out in the backyard for an hour and i'm sure she'll throw it up or shit it out.

I give my dogs human food all the time for snacks, but this one time i gave him peanuts and he threw up all over the place.

My older dog is a smart dog, he'll always try to snatch food off the table when we have people over to cook out.
        Originally posted by 03trubluGT
        Your opinion is what sucks.
        You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          them gona be some nasty farts.
          This, she's gonna cut farts that would clear a dairy barn.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Most of the time, a dog won't eat anything that will hurt him unless is a chemical disguised by a human. I would not stand too close to the exit pipe though.

Comment

You guys might want to reconsider feeding your dogs people food. They can come down with pancreatitis from it. Had a bad scare with mine this summer and it turned out it was from giving her a potato chip here and there. Luckily it was caught in time. If untreated it is fatal.

Comment

Dogs stomachs are tough! My 7 year old yellow Lab Buddy will eat anything, and I mean anything.

He stripped the corn off a corn cob and then ate the corn cob. Found it later in a pile of poop. The corn cob went thru literally untouched. Guess his stomach did not like it!
                Mustangs previously owned:
                1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                1992 LX AOD
                1993 LX Drag Car
                1995 GTS
                1997 Cobra
                2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                2016 Honda Accord Touring
                2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Alrighty, shes gunna be outside for a while. Good thing is, usually when she is outside, she drinks pool water (salt water) and throws up from it occasionally. Hopefully she does this time; thanks!

And tali, I shit you not, our other dog is an older lab whose been eating people food since day one. His favorite meal is ceasar salad with parm, bacon and romaine. For desert a couple times a week, they get a chopped up ice cream sandwich. Both have been in perfect health lol. They still get dry food in the morning, but it usually sits there til the end of the day. Wet food for dinner. They get people food here and there throughout the day . My mother is PSYCHO with the dogs..

Tis the other pet
                  Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by RWhite View Post
                    Dogs stomachs are tough! My 7 year old yellow Lab Buddy will eat anything, and I mean anything.

He stripped the corn off a corn cob and then ate the corn cob. Found it later in a pile of poop. The corn cob went thru literally untouched. Guess his stomach did not like it!
                    Holy shit!!
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

They're high in fat, so she may have diarrhea. Like Eric said, the fat content can put her at risk for pancreatitis. If they were salted, make sure she has plenty of water available to avoid sodium ion toxicosis.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                        They're high in fat, so she may have diarrhea. Like Eric said, the fat content can put her at risk for pancreatitis. If they were salted, make sure she has plenty of water available to avoid sodium ion toxicosis.
                        Unsalted nuts.. What are the signs of pancreatitis, and when would I start to see the symptoms.
                        Detailing by Dylan
                        817-494-3396
                        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          This, she's gonna cut farts that would clear a dairy barn.
                          lol!

Comment

My parents' german shepherd ate a pound of cashews when he was a pup. He was fine. His next crap looked like a payday bar though.

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                              Unsalted nuts.. What are the signs of pancreatitis, and when would I start to see the symptoms.
                              It can be subtle or it can come out of no where. I lost a dog to it about 4 years ago. She was fine when I left that morning, and was dead, in a pool of vomit, when I came home. I was going through a divorce at the time, and thought my husband poisoned her. The necropsy showed that it was pancreatitis.

Comment

Working...
                              X