Rebuild/resale question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild/resale question

Is there any money to be made taking rebuildable junkyard parts (axle assemblies, rearends, transfer cases, motors, etc), cleaning them, rebuilding them, making them like new, then reselling them?? Or is it more of a break-even if you're lucky more work/money than it's worth type deal?

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

i'd imagine if you find the right parts (i.e. parts that are either very prone to failure so there is a constant demand for them or popular swap parts like T5 transmissions, gm 10 bolts, 4l60's, t56's, ls based motors, etc.)

the key would be finding good units then cleaning them up and flipping them and only rebuilding the ones that end up being bad. would need a reliable way to test them and i think you could make some money.

Comment

In that type of business you make the money when you buy the parts and what you have to put into them. If you have a supplier that lets you make some as a deal then you might be able to turn a dime or two. A good relationship with more than a few yards would certainly help. That or an inside at an insurance place or where they dispose of their totals to get you cores would certainly help.

Then comes the fun of trying to sell the finished stuff and having to warranty it with who knows installing it.

Do you have a place? In the drive way isn't where I would want to be.

Lots of things to plan out.
      Sounds like a good idea though.
      Rich

Comment

Working...
      X