Visit to Gas Monkey Garage yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to Gas Monkey Garage yesterday

Rode out their yesterday with some buddies to check it out. When we got there we were told to hang out front until filming was through. There were two film crews there; one for Fast N Loud and the other for Biker Build Off. We were told that the deadline for the Biker Build Off build was midnight tonight. Richard Rawlings comes walking around from the back yelling on a cell phone. He finally comes up to us shakes our hand and apologizes. He said that they were in the bike build off with OCC, PJD and Jesse James. Said that Jr and James were wanting an extension because thay couldn't make deadline and Discovery Channel wasn't going to make them forfeit. While we were talking with Rawlings one of the mechanics pulls around from the back in a red 65 Mustang and hauls ass down Reeder Rd towards Royal Ln. About five minutes later Aaron (long beard guy) comes running out of the shop yelling for Rawlings to get into the truck. They tear outta there in that black Raptor towards Royal Ln. All of the film crews come running out and jump on golf carts and try to follow. We were told that the mechanic in the 65 Mustang on a test drive got t-boned on Royal Ln.

This was the most interesting 45 minutes watching everyone scramble around while Rawlings was having a fit. Rawlings was a really cool dude, hell they even gave us a beer. That is all...

Shitty
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Sounds like an official cluster fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        Sounds like an official cluster fuck.
        Most shops.
        2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Sounds like you are going to be on tv man!
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

And zero pics

Comment

That funky monkey!!

Comment

Sounds like you had fun.

Comment

Future spoiler alert above!
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Wharz pic of Tboned Mustang?

Comment

Edit: what he said. ^

Comment

lol at JJ getting an extension. He posted on instagram yesterday all his tubing for the build just showed up

Comment

Didn't go out to the crash scene but was told that the GMG mechanic was ok. I have pics on my iphone just hadn't had time to download. This dude that looks like Sideshow Bob with a camera on his shoulder was trying to hold onto the golf cart and flew out the back when the driver took off. All we saw was hair, elbows and camera pieces flying! Funny Shit!!! he was ok but the camera didn't fare to well.
                          Last edited by gnturboray; 11-03-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gnturboray View Post
                            Didn't go out to the crash scene but was told that the GMG mechanic was ok. I have pics on my iphone just hadn't had time to download. It was some funny shit!!

I swear I saw Sideshow Bob! He was part of the camera crew.
                            I guess it was Scot that got in the accident?
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

cool

Comment

Working...
                              X