Man Cave / Theater Room / Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Cave / Theater Room / Garage

I used to own a business and sold it. Then when I sold it, I continued to do a few odd jobs on the side. In fact, to this day I still do. Because of this, I use my garage for doing a little work. I had a window a/c installed into the side brick wall of my garage, then had a company install some insulation in the walls and attic above my garage and added the foam insulation into the garage door itself.

But Iv never painted the walls or done anything to the flooring. Now years later, I dont do alot of business out there and the garage is really just wasted. We dont park out there, but dont use it for anything other than a few side orders once in a while and to store crap.

So iv decided to convert the garage into a man cave. I need to still have a workbench area on one side wall, but other than that the entire garage can be used. I was given a 120" projector screen a while back, and im thinking of getting a projector and making part of the garage a home theater with surround sound etc. Then maybe a pool table or putting green or something in whatever space is left.

has anyone done anything like this? Im still in the early stages and just now getting ready to paint the walls and lay the carpet. But Im having a hard time imaging it looking like a real room or theater room since I have a hot water heater and a workbench out there.

Just curious if anyone has a garage / theater room? I see tons of theater rooms online, but they are the full converts.

ohhh, and reason I dont want to go all out and do a REAL theater is because id like the garage to be able to easily be converted back to a real garage if/when i sell the house for the next buyer. I think fully converting to a room might lose some value. So the carpet I have is the 18" carpet tile that i just lay down, so its easily removed when needed.

Comment

How are you going to heat it in winter? Not that that is a very big deal. I just saw you had an a/c unit so I thought it pertinant. Seating? Maybe a fancy couch or some of those theater seats?

I like billiards so I'd go pool table but a putting green would be cool I guess if you are into that.
      Rich

Comment

Are you going to start a NO MA'AM group?

Comment

I'd recommend pool table with a removable ping pong table top. You'll get a ton more use out of the pool table than you will a putting green. I've never heard anyone invited over to drink some beers and mess around on the putting green (as much as I love golf, that sounds a little homo). Pool/ping pong, however, is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            that sounds a little homo). Pool/ping pong, however, is another story.
            yep. what more manly than ping pong!!!!!!111111111111

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              yep. what more manly than ping pong!!!!!!111111111111

god bless.
              Fuck you, wigger, ping pong is the shit.

Comment

Working...
              X