Who owns a House in Rowlett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns a House in Rowlett

Well as some of you know I have a son of the way & we are in a 3 bedroom house now & we will have 3 fulltime kids with addition to my new son & I have my daughter every other weekend & her brother Peyton (WHO I HAVE RAISED FROM 2yrs old & he is now 12)

We live in Garland now in a older neighborhood that is really nice. I love where we live & gonna hate leaving this house cause I love it & I love my neighbors & they love me. Which brings me to the thread topic. We are wanting to move to Rowlett off 66 cause its still Dallas County which keeps us out of her Ex husbands political connections since he is in the local politics in Rockwall.

I was talking to a fellow memeber yesterday & he said that Rowlett has a bad problem with the ground moving & that their are alot of foundation issues in Rowlett? Im curious if anyone that lives out there can back this up? We are wanting to buy & with so many kids we are gonna need at least a 5 bedroom house putting us near the 200k budget & dont want to buy in a area that has problems with foundations, I have tried talking her in to staying in Garland. But she cant stand the school District here & her & her ex husband want the kids in a better school district. I get it! But a house is the biggest investment we will ever make.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

congrats man!

and i think everyhome in north texas has foundation issues. you jsut gotta keep the slab watered in the dry texas summers.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I live in north rowlett. there are foundation issues around, but it's mostly because the majority of the area is built on fill which shifts. Neighbor needed to go down 30 ft to get to rock for his foundation repair. I wouldn't say it's "bad", but it's about the normal. Just gotta be aware of it.

I wish I could've found a pier and beam house, but they just don't exist anymore in tract developments.

Comment

All I can tell you is buy one before 2015.
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

i live right off the lake and this past summer the house shifted a lot. cracks in the walls and doors not closing right now. but i will say this. i love living in rowlett. its a nice town and the people are friendly. i plan on staying here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlachance View Post
            All I can tell you is buy one before 2015.
            ????
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
              i live right off the lake and this past summer the house shifted a lot. cracks in the walls and doors not closing right now. but i will say this. i love living in rowlett. its a nice town and the people are friendly. i plan on staying here.

Yeah I have a few customers in Rowlett & think its a great place to live & expand my Lawn Business, But just seeing you have all those problems in one year makes me go. UGGH, Foundation repair isnt cheap. I have heard close to 5k when they come out & as close to 15k Does Homeowners help cover any of it
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                Yeah I have a few customers in Rowlett & think its a great place to live & expand my Lawn Business, But just seeing you have all those problems in one year makes me go. UGGH, Foundation repair isnt cheap. I have heard close to 5k when they come out & as close to 15k Does Homeowners help cover any of it
                Don't buy anything that needs or may need that. They're never the same once the work has been done.

Comment

Just so you know, Rowlett schools are still Garland ISD.

Comment

I do, I like the city it is good for kids.

Yes I have foundation issues, so does my neighbor and other people in the neighborhood.

But as others have said this is normal for North Texas, being preventative is the key to minimize your chances.

The house I grew up in Garland had foundation issues too, and my dad was religious about maintenance on it
                    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by 92lxstang View Post
                      Yeah But should be a better crowd of kids. Not that garland is that bad im opionon
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                        Yeah But should be a better crowd of kids. Not that garland is that bad im opionon
                        My stepson goes to school over here and it's a good mix not one sided.

Comment

I certainly would not let that stop you from considering Rowlett, hell there are other cities that are known for having foundation issues. Irving, Arlington GP, Carrollton to name a few. Just like termites chances are if you have not had issues with them you will at some point. Like mentioned before it's important to be aware of when shopping for a home.

Comment

Originally posted by 92lxstang View Post
                            East side of rowlett is rockwall schools .
                            07 GT500
                            05 SRT10
                            88 turbocoupe T-bird
                            93 Cobra
                            86 coupe
                            Ducati 848

Comment

I just moved from rowlett to rockwall. The house I was I lived at in rowlett did not have any foundation issues. But it was probaly because it was only a few years old.
                              07 GT500
                              05 SRT10
                              88 turbocoupe T-bird
                              93 Cobra
                              86 coupe
                              Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                              X