Taxes suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxes suck

Trying to build a house next year and boy taxes are going to kill the amount I can borrow. People in Southlake complain about taxes and I find out many other cities around (including Keller where my land is) is higher. This includes the city of Fort Worth. Maybe state income tax wouldnt be as bad as property taxes

ya city taxes suck that's why I want a house outside city limits

Comment

its not the city..its the school taxes which I wont use as I dont have kids.

Comment

I hear you man. When you start to add up all the bs taxes on top of income tax that gets taken right off the top it's sickening.

Comment

Talk to me when you pay 9.3% state income tax.

Choooooo$$$$$$$$$$ choooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

State tax is probably close to what Id pay for property tax. If I build the house I want in Keller, Id be at $10k property tax until they raise it to market value and Id be closer to $14k

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

...and 40% on all commission-based income.

Comment

All so someone can sit on their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  which leads me to wonder how the hell I get down to 10% like them rich folk do...

<-- Calling Warren....

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    State tax is probably close to what Id pay for property tax. If I build the house I want in Keller, Id be at $10k property tax until they raise it to market value and Id be closer to $14k
                    That's just a drop in the bucket for a baller like you.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Is that the withholding percentage or the tax rate?

Should be just the withholding, which would mean you get any overage back at the end of the year.

When I was on base plus commission in CA I just had my base salary witholdings to virtually nothing, because the 40% withholding on my commissions / bonuses would more than cover my overall tax liability at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        So you're building a half million dollar home? Isn't the effective rate in Keller around 2.4% or something? That's about the average in the D/FW area.

Shit, go look in Harris county where you can find 3.5+%.

Comment

If it's any consolation I know people paying twice that in property taxes and they have the lowest property tax rate in the Metroplex.

Comment

when I was looking at houses I turned down I don't know how many because of taxes.

The house was a steel, but 12k a year in taxes I just wasn't willing to pay...
                            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                              So you're building a half million dollar home? Isn't the effective rate in Keller around 2.4% or something? That's about the average in the D/FW area.

Shit, go look in Harris county where you can find 3.5+%.
                              2.62.... Im thinking of building...living for a couple years and try and sell. Good money to be made if I can sell. We got a great deal on a piece of land in Keller.. Would love to build but Im afraid of taxes running us off. Might just resell the land and pocket some money.
                              Last edited by 8mpg; 11-13-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X