Holiday workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a at work....sucks
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Gee, and all the bashing of the Walmart people who work holidays!
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Working.

But I work at a bank, and it's aleways slow on black friday.

until around 3pm when people start overdrawing after spending all their money on stuff they didn't even know they wanted 7 hours before.

Comment

I'm off, but my store had to be open on Thanksgiving this year for the first time ever. Luckily I had several guys volunteer for the double time and a half. We did a whooping $700 in sales for the entire day. Totally worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I'm off, but my store had to be open on Thanksgiving this year for the first time ever. Luckily I had several guys volunteer for the double time and a half. We did a whooping $700 in sales for the entire day. Totally worth it.
            Oh but the engisneers said it would be profitable!

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              Working 7am-10am this morning. I'd take off but I just started this job and can't take any pto until my 90th day.

I don't mind it, it gets me out of the house where the whole extended family is.....
              Oilfield still?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I put together the first "family Thanksgiving" since my grandparents took ill about 4yrs ago.

It's nice to have everybody back together again

I also put together a few deals in Oklahoma and I've got 4-5 deals cooking in DFW.

A nice relaxing family thanksgiving and going home on Monday with $2-3k more than I left with. love it
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

So do ya think it's mandatory for anybody that doesn't have kids work during the holidays? Since I've known my wife (12 years), She never had a holiday off. Her supervisor told her that the reason she didn't have off was because she didn't kids and others did. She works for a hospital.
                  sigpic
                  1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
                  1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

Im working untill I decide ive had enough. Might make it till a bit after lunch.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe81 View Post
                      So do ya think it's mandatory for anybody that doesn't have kids work during the holidays? Since I've known my wife (12 years), She never had a holiday off. Her supervisor told her that the reason she didn't have off was because she didn't kids and others did. She works for a hospital.
                      i understand why they do it but personally i dont think it's right, just because you have kids should not effect my work. at the same time i am the single guy out of all the operators so i work every holiday for the extra OT. i dont mind it though since i have a small family and we usually do holidays on different days since at least one or two of us will be working due to shift work

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe81 View Post

I've heard of that being done before by supervisors, and it's a complete shit move on their part IMO. It's amazing what your employees will do for you when you simply treat them with respect and ASK them to do something. I never have a problem getting shifts filled; had people lining up wanting the OT for Thanksgiving. A case might be made for that very well being some type of illegal discrimination.

Comment

I'm just sitting in my office doing training at the new Jerb, might get some liquid lunch after too.
                          Ded

Comment

Here in my dept, majority of people want to work holidays for the extra pay. Those that don't want to work or those at bottom of totem pole, don't have to work holidays. I chose to work these 2 cuz we got a bonus and it will be on same check this pay period.......chaaaaa$$$$$$$$$chingggggggggggg$$$$$

Comment

I'm working on this sandwich
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                                I'm working on this sandwich
                                bring me a taco

Comment

Working...
                                X