Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I pay off my student loans or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I pay off my student loans or not?

My student loans total only 3,400.00 at 2.79%. I have had a couple great weeks at work plus sold one of my guns. By Friday I should have enough to completely pay them off. I have paid off all my other debt except my house and the car I bought less than a year ago. Would it be better to just continue to pay the usual 125.00/month I usually pay and keep that line of credit open? I know it would make me feel good having one less payment even though it is such a small payment.
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

if you have the cash and can afford it might as well pay it off. your gonna have to pay it eventually.

Comment

If all you have in the hole is a couple of g's, I'd stack a little more.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm the same way in that I feel better once a loan is off the books, but sometimes it just doesn't make financial sense. I personally always put extra money towards whatever note has the highest APR. It may be tempting to pay off that student loan, but that APR is so low I have a feeling that money would be better spent somewhere else.

Comment

If you have a way of making more than a 2.79% profit on that money, do that and pay the minimum; otherwise, pay it.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            If all you have in the hole is a couple of g's, I'd stack a little more.
            This happens to just be extra or surplus money over the last month and a half. Like I said, I have had a few really good weeks at work. I always put away a percentage of my normal income. I certainly dont have a lot but more than a few Gs. I know its not amazing but I also have a 401K at work.
            Originally posted by Marisa
            we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
              This happens to just be extra or surplus money over the last month and a half. Like I said, I have had a few really good weeks at work. I always put away a percentage of my normal income. I certainly dont have a lot but more than a few Gs. I know its not amazing but I also have a 401K at work.
              Pay that shit off then RANDY!

Comment

I financed my fucking Yaris.

Choooooooooooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ chooooooooooooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

Wanna cosign on some student loans for me?

Comment

Dude, I've been cut off by or gotten stuck behind so many Yarises (Yarii?) lately, I'm really starting to hate those ugly ass cars.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Wanna cosign on some student loans for me?
                      My boss was tossing that idea around not too long ago when he found out the fixed rates on the MBA loans. He's like, "Fuck, I can go across the bridge to Stanford or Berkeley and lend MBA students money at 6-7% interest??"
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        Dude, I've been cut off by or gotten stuck behind so many Yarises (Yarii?) lately, I'm really starting to hate those ugly ass cars.
                        They're floored.

Comment

My boss was tossing that idea around not too long ago when he found out the fixed rates on the MBA loans. He's like, "Fuck, I can go across the bridge to Stanford or Berkeley and lend MBA students money at 6-7% interest??"
                          Tell him to hook it the fuck up. I'll take 6% with no cosigner all day.

EDIT: Too real?
                          Last edited by YALE; 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Tell him to hook it the fuck up. I'll take 6% with no cosigner all day.

EDIT: Too real?
                            I think the Stanford/Berkeley MBA student factor was a big part of it.

Comment

Obama will pay that shit!

Comment

Working...
                              X