Spent the evening in the ER...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent the evening in the ER...

I was at my Dad's this afternoon with the wife and kids for my step Mom's birthday party. They live on a few acres and have a couple of horses. Well my wife has grown up around horses and loves to ride, and is very good at it. So after about an hour of all of us riding around and taking turns on the very sweet, very gentle male horse my wife was riding him some more at a moderate gallop. Then... the saddle broke, came loose, something... but the wife ended up on her ass with the saddle on the ground next to her and the horse standing over her with the bridle caught on the saddle horn.

I ended up having to carry her inside and after about 30 minutes we just said screw it and went to the ER. Luckily nothing broken, but just a big bruise on her tail bone.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Well cool starry bra.

Comment

could've been worse! atleast the horse didn't freak out

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        could've been worse! atleast the horse didn't freak out
        Yep, agreed... He was really good, he just stood there looking at her all concerned and somber. Didn't try to move or anything.

Stevo

Comment

i bet tomorrow morning it's gonna be a good lookin bruise! lol..

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            Yep, agreed... He was really good, he just stood there looking at her all concerned and somber. Didn't try to move or anything.
            Damn good horse. Sucks that the wife got bruised up. It does happen from time to time though.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              I was at my Dad's this afternoon with the wife and kids for my step Mom's birthday party. They live on a few acres and have a couple of horses. Well my wife has grown up around horses and loves to ride, and is very good at it. So after about an hour of all of us riding around and taking turns on the very sweet, very gentle male horse my wife was riding him some more at a moderate gallop. Then... the saddle broke, came loose, something... but the wife ended up on her ass with the saddle on the ground next to her and the horse standing over her with the bridle caught on the saddle horn.

I ended up having to carry her inside and after about 30 minutes we just said screw it and went to the ER. Luckily nothing broken, but just a big bruise on her tail bone.
              after reading this sentence I was expecting something way different, lol. But I'm glad its only a bruise.

Comment

Glad to hear your wife is ok. A calm horse is a good one.

I would rather be hurt myself then see my wife in pain. I hate that helpless feeling not being able to do anything.

Comment

Wife got thrown similar to that. Bruised tail bone hurt for MONTHS... Glad the horse didn't spook and drag her...

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    after reading this sentence I was expecting something way different, lol. But I'm glad its only a bruise.
                    Only happens with donkeys. I think...
                    Photobucket

Comment

No sexy time for you for a while

Comment

Excellent, man! I agree with the guys that say she's lucky not to have been dragged.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Pictures of said wife.

Comment

No visible bruise yet, but there is some swelling. Yeah, pretty sure sexy time is out for at least a few weeks... I am the same way, I would much rather be hurt myself than see her or the kids hurt. I can relate to her pain though, after plenty of dirt bike crashes, pretty much the same thing.

There are already pics in the other sub forum...

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              No sexy time for you for a while
                              At least her jaw isn't broken.

Comment

Working...
                              X