Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over 13,000 petition White House to build a Death Star!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over 13,000 petition White House to build a Death Star!

They really want the Empire to strike back.

Citing a need for increased “space superiority” and job creation, over 13,000 people have signed an official petition on WhiteHouse.gov demanding that the United States government secure funds and resources and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016.

“By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense,” reads the petition.

'Those who sign here petition the United States government to secure funding and resources, and begin construction on a Death Star by 2016.'

As of Monday morning, it had received 13,302 signatures -- far more than nearly every other petition on the site.

A proposal to increase the budget of NASA has received just 3,964 votes. A call for protection for Guatemalan citizens in light of recent earthquakes: 8,563.

A suggestion that federal employees get Christmas Eve off has received 14,646 votes.

Despite the groundswell of enthusiasm for the plan -- which was filed under “science and space policy” -- it stands little chance of reaching President Obama’s desk. The petition needs another 11,700 signatures to reach the 25,000 threshold necessary for the government to take it seriously.

“The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution,” the website explains. And while the Death Star concept passed the first threshold of 150 signatures, which makes it searchable on the site, it has until Dec. 14 to cross that line.

If it fails, the petitioner may have to scale back his demands: perhaps the right to bear lightsabers?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/12/...#ixzz2EgimM2ma
    Go to the White House Website and sign the petition

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-2016/wlfKzFkN

It has my support. I need a new job.

Comment

signed.

Comment

These petitions are fucking stupid as hell.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Fucking LMFAO!!!!!!

Comment

I really wish people wouldnt fuck up the intent for these political tools.

Comment

Done and done.

I need a new sail barge too.

Comment

Can we put Obama in carbonite?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  I really wish people wouldnt fuck up the intent for these political tools.
                  You act as if anything was going to be done with them in the first place. I lol'd

Comment

signed and shared on FB

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      These petitions are fucking stupid as hell.
                      Many of them are making a mockery out of our system. Oh well. They will probaly be laughed at and chunked or deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                        Can we put Obama in carbonite?
                        If by Carbonite you mean Concrete and halfway up the face of a new dam... Sure.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          If by Carbonite you mean Concrete and halfway up the face of a new dam... Sure.

Yeah, that too

Comment

It will be yet another failed taxpayer-funded program.

Don't forget, the Rebel Alliance periodically comes around and blows these things up,
                            right around the point where they become fully armed and operational
                            Jay Johnson
                            Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                              Many of them are making a mockery out of our system. Oh well. They will probaly be laughed at and chunked or deleted.
                              Obama will probably address this petition while overlooking any of the serious petitions online.

Comment

Working...
                              X