Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cn anyone get me a shop discount at moritz Chevrolet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cn anyone get me a shop discount at moritz Chevrolet?

I need a new fuel rail for a 2007 Silverado w/ a 5.3. Part is $380. Apparently the fuel rails only come with the entire assembly and not just one side.

PM Baron or Thehead and see if they can find you one at LKQ.

Comment

+1 for LKQ
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

what is the last 8 of the vin?
        Looking on my screen we can get them and they are not that high

Comment

You can also try www.dfwusedparts.com. They're down by Kennedale and have several make-specific salvage yards. The Chevy / GMC lot has a ton of 5.3 trucks. Not new obviously, but they have a lot of low mileage stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            You can also try www.dfwusedparts.com. They're down by Kennedale and have several make-specific salvage yards. The Chevy / GMC lot has a ton of 5.3 trucks. Not new obviously, but they have a lot of low mileage stuff.
            Say hi to Chuck for me! Glad to see his name is getting out there.

Call Moritz and tell them you are from some podunk shop and ask for jobber pricing. It'll be 10-15% over cost, they could care less if they make 10% or 300% since their retail parts people are hourly. Just call up straight retail though and you'll get drilled at full list which on a fuel rail is probably 75% markup. Then get the part number and call Jerry's and Bankston, see who has it on the shelf. Someone will give you a better price.

Most dealerships are still missing the boat on their parts departments being a profit center. They charge warranty straight MSRP and dealer trade stuff at 30% through wholesale but will rip retail customer's heads off.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              I don't know what that means. I only know about them from Craigslist. I needed running boards for my Z71 Suburban and the best I could find was $500+. Found one there for $70. While I was there I was chatting with a guy getting a 40,000 mile 5.3 complete for $500.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

Call Moritz and tell them you are from some podunk shop and ask for jobber pricing. It'll be 10-15% over cost, they could care less if they make 10% or 300% since their retail parts people are hourly. Just call up straight retail though and you'll get drilled at full list which on a fuel rail is probably 75% markup. Then get the part number and call Jerry's and Bankston, see who has it on the shelf. Someone will give you a better price.

Most dealerships are still missing the boat on their parts departments being a profit center. They charge warranty straight MSRP and dealer trade stuff at 30% through wholesale but will rip retail customer's heads off.
                That's the main reason I've bought most GM parts online lately. Dealerships just flat out rape people, lol. Id rather buy local, but hard to beat a shipped price that's half of what they want locally.

Comment

I work there... Either way I have a good used one ill sell you pm me what exactly you need

Comment

Working...
                  X