Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Light Tickets

So,

I got a ticket in Southlake turning right at a red. From the video I am headed down 1709 across the lines before it turns red. Is it worth it to spend the whole damn morning in court? I drive like grandma and def don't think I ran it.

And yes, I know... Stop breaking the law asshole.

And just for good measure, FTsouthlakeP

Fuck that. Let em sue you. Don't pay it. Srsly

Comment

If you cross the line before the light, then you didn't run it.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        That's what the video shows...

Are automated red light tickets handled the same way as say a speeding ticket?

I'm really trying to decide if its worth my time. I'm busy as shit m-f sun up to down.

Comment

And while we are on the subject. There is a signature on my ticket... Why would you sign it when it's pretty obvious I didn't run it?

Comment

They're supposed to review it before they send it as a violation, so if it is clear then I wonder why they have sent it. That said, the only reason I will disagree with the "ignore it" idea is that Texas is now preventing you from renewing your license for those. So I'd rather fight / pay it now, than have to deal with it later when you can only pay it.

Comment

Cross the line like "breaking the plane"? (like an NFL TD) or rear bumper across the line (fully in the intersection)?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Cross the line like "breaking the plane"? (like an NFL TD) or rear bumper across the line (fully in the intersection)?
                Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                  Good question.
                  X3

Comment

If you break the plane, you enter the intersection. You can't run a red light if you are in the intersection before the light turns red.

Comment

If you break the plane, you enter the intersection. You can't run a red light if you are in the intersection before the light turns red.
                      Good information!

Comment

Well, now it just becomes a whats my time worth question. My truck is barely in the frame/ completely into the intersection save for maybe my trailer hitch :/ when the light changes. I think I'm mostly pissed because $75 isn't worth my time. So I just bend over and take it from an Aparently flawed system. Rad

Comment

And lol at the tag.

Comment

Post the video

Comment

Posting from my phone.... Once I dig my laptop out ill do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X