Good things to good people I guess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good things to good people I guess.

Last Friday Jennifer gets a call from Wal-mart here in town and some couple went and paid off our layaway, all they left was one penny for us to pay so we could come pick it up ourselves. The total was over 100 bucks, I never expected anyone to just randomly pay something off for us. Was all Christmas items for mine and her family. When we asked if they left a name or anything all the clerk would tell us is they said to "Have a Merry Christmas on them, hope this helps you and your family". I thought for a minute which one of my friends could have done this? but, we were not the only people who this happened to. Ruled my friends out quick. lol. Who ever this couple was supposedly spent over a grand paying off random layaways. I really appreciate what this couple has done for us, so we picked up some angel tree's and went all in. Gonna be some very happy kids opening up things they asked for. One that got me was a 11 year old girl who was asking for a APA Pool cue, kinda blew me away cause I'm a pool player myself. So we hooked this girl up with a really nice Cuetec. Now, lets hope she joins the Jr APA and sticks with it. Thanks for reading.

Cool man. Good on 'ya for paying it forward.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
      so we picked up some angel tree's and went all in.

Comment

I have never heard of the layaway payoff thing happening before this year, but I've heard and seen a ton of stories about it this holiday season.

Good on you for paying it forward.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I have never heard of the layaway payoff thing happening before this year, but I've heard and seen a ton of stories about it this holiday season.

Good on you for paying it forward.
          It's been going on at least the last 3-4 years maybe more. Pretty cool idea I think, glad some people get a nice suprise like that for the holidays.
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Cool story. I paid the grocery tab for someone in line with me at Tom Thumb around this time last year. Looked like they were having a particularly bad day along with the thousand-yard stare. A small measure, but rewarding nonetheless.

Comment

Cool Post!
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Great idea !