Mouthful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouthful

World's Longest Word Takes 213 Minutes To Say (VIDEO)

The Huffington Post David Moye
    Dmitry Golubovskiy has a lot of time on his hands. Well, at least 213 minutes to spare.

That was long enough for him to record a video of him reciting the longest word in the English language.

The word -- which is actually the name of a giant protein called Titin -- begins with "Methio," ends with "leucine," and has a total of 189,819 letters, Geekologie.com reported.

Reading it in one shot can make the average person's eyes bleary, but Golubovskiy recently decided to go one better and recite the entire word on video, a process that lasts exactly 323.

There's a reason why the protein's name had to be so large -- and, luckily, it's short. Proteins are usually named by mashing-up the names of the chemicals making them, NewsFixNow.com reported. Since Titin is the largest protein ever discovered, its name had to be equally as large.

Although it qualifies as the largest word in English, don't expect to find it in the dictionary. The longest regular word to appear in the dictionary -- "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis " -- is only a puny 45 letters in length, Unexplained-Mysteries.com reported, adding that some lexicographers aren't sure whether the name of a chemical actually qualifies as a word.

The complete video appears below and while it lasts more than three hours, Golubovskiy didn't do it all in one take since he grows a fairly decent-sized beard and his plant dies during his recitation, io9.com reported.

It won't let me post up the name, so you're going to have to go to the site to see the 189,000 letter word.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Id be renaming that bitch Methioleucine or some shit.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Call it "Molly" for short
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Don't even watch that fucking video. It's read with a harsh Russian accent.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
        X