No announcement yet.

"Storage Wars" is rigged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No such thing as a genuine reality show. Never has been.
    Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
    In a sane world, yes.

"Idiocracy" is upon us I'm afraid.
    Wrastlin' if fake yet people watch anyway. Same same.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
      I thought that cars left behind in a locker did not go with the locker. I know the one that had a Jaguar in it, the auctioneer plainly said the car does not go then gave some reason.
      Ask Chopped54. I think he said he bought one with a BMW Z3 in it.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
        Next they'll tell me that Santa isn't real!

Some of the valuables found hidden in abandoned lockers on A&E's "Storage Wars" have been added by producers to deceive viewers, a former cast member of the show claims in a lawsuit filed Tuesday.

David Hester's suit claims producers have added a BMW Mini and newspapers chronicling Elvis Presley's death to lockers in order to build drama for the show and that his complaints about the practices led to his firing.

Hester is seeking more than $750,000 in his wrongful termination, breach of contract and unfair business practices lawsuit. A&E Television Network declined comment, citing the pending lawsuit.

"Storage Wars" follows buyers who bid for abandoned storage lockers hoping to find valuables tucked inside."A&E regularly plants valuable items or memorabilia," the lawsuit states. Hester's suit claims he was fired from participating in the series' fourth season after expressing concerns that manipulating the storage lockers for the sake of the show was illegal.

He claims that producers stopped adding items to his units after his initial complaints but continued the practice for other series participants. The lawsuit alleges entire units have been staged and the practice may violate a federal law intended to prevent viewers from being deceived when watching a show involving intellectual skills.

"Storage Wars" depicts buyers having only a few moments to look into an abandoned unit before deciding on whether to bid on it at auction. The lawsuit claims some of the auction footage on the show is staged.

Hester, known as "The Mogul" on the show, has been buying abandoned storage units and re-selling their contents for 26 years, according to the suit.

Nielsen Co. has ranked "Storage Wars" among cable television's top-ranked shows several times since its 2010 debut.
        Why would you say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Claus View Post
          Why would you say that?
          Jus keepin it real

Comment

[ ] funny alias

[x] unfunny alias

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              [ ] funny alias

[x] unfunny alias

god bless.
              x2

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                [ ] funny alias

[x] unfunny alias

god bless.
                I see you when you're sleeping, Paul.

Comment

Creepy

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    x2
                    I know when you're awake.

Comment

Comment

My MIL and FIL own a storage facility. They have auctioned off units with Harley Davidsons, Dirtbikes, and other valuable things hidden in the back...

While I think this show is fake, I also know that there are some lucky storage auction hunters out there.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

ok.....

[x] slightly funny alias that i wish i would have thought of

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Reality TV has destroyed cable programming.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              Reality TV has destroyed cable programming.

Comment

Seriously, the ultra low production costs, bundled with the high revenue generation make it to where keeping anything else on air that requires a dedicated writing and acting staff isn't worth it unless it's Walking Dead/Breaking Bad quality of show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X