No announcement yet.

Anyone ran a cotton candy maker before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ran a cotton candy maker before?

Anyone ever worked or made money with a cotton candy machine? I'm talking the professional kind like at the Fair. I think I may have an opportunity to do some swapping or buy one cheap. I don't necessarily want to run it, but maybe I can rent it out?

dont take your arm off.

I think there better ways to make some cash imho.

Comment

im not sure cotton candy is gonna be the answer to your financial woes.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        im not sure cotton candy is gonna be the answer to your financial woes.

god bless.
        LOL, No, I'm not planning on schlepping cotton candy to make chooo$$$ chooo$$$. I don't have any financial woes to speak of. I have an opportunity and if I can make a little money on it without a lot of hassle, then why not?

I passed on an opportunity recently to buy a small candy/gum machine for a few bucks recently and kinda wish I had gotten it. I was going to let the kids run it. I front the money for the machine. The kids would put up their allowance for the candy and they would be responsible for collecting the money, refilling, and paying off the machine. I think its a simple, fun, learning experience for them. Not like I expect them to make more than a few dollars a month, but I think while they are as young as they are, they will have more excitement about it and who knows what it could lead to.

Comment

Michelle Obama would not approve of your encouraging kids to sell junk food like cotton candy to other children.

Comment

Iv ran one before but not as my own business. Learn to make shapes and stuff and not just the regular beehive design. Create your own niche and people will buy it just to watch you make it.

Comment

Start practicing....

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
                http://m.wimp.com/cottoncandy/

Start practicing....
                To be honest, that is what peaked my interest. I have some other ideas to make it unique that I am not willing to disclose right now. This is a family member that has it and I might be able to trade a mower for it or work it off. We'll see.

Comment

Don't get any big ideas about coming out here. Me and my cotton candy machine got the SF market on lock.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Down in San Diego we would bring a cotton candy machine, popcorn, shaved ice, hot dogs, and a bounce house into low-income neighborhoods, once a month, for a day of fellowship.

The cotton candy making did take some getting used to, but fairly easy once you get the hang of it. The hardest/least fun part is cleaning all the melted sugar off the machine at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                    X