Mazda 6 Reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    I don't disagree, but the cars they make are boring as hell. The 3, 6, and CX lines are better looking and more fun to drive than their Honda/Toyota counterparts.
    Personally, I'd take a Civic Si over any of those.

Comment

I would stay away from Mazda. We had a 626 and when something went wrong, it was damn expensive. After owning that car and all the weird shit that went wrong with it, I would not own another Mazda for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        Personally, I'd take a Civic Si over any of those.
        I fuckin hate the new Civics. Eye of the beer holder, I guess.

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
        I would stay away from Mazda. We had a 626 and when something went wrong, it was damn expensive. After owning that car and all the weird shit that went wrong with it, I would not own another Mazda for anything.
        It's been many moons since they made a 626.

Comment

Coworker has an 07 with 70k and so far he had to replace the battery
          .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I was a Service Advisor for two Mazda dealers in 2003-2006 and have owned two 3's. Never heard of one being bought back from the customer. Never heard of an engine or trans being replaced at the dealership as a result of running problem (2 customer pay jobs from accidents that resulted in oil pan holes, no oil, still running). And never heard of a car catching fire as a result of factory work. Only buy back or engine jobs that were warranty were for the RX8 cause people buy them not knowing how to take care of the rotary engine.

For the miles and age of the car it better be a hell of a deal though.
            Eldorado Mazda put 3 transmissions and 1 motor in the car I pictured. Like I said , they never did fix the original complaint. In their defense it was very intermittent. I never looked too hard into the problem since it was under the extended warranty, I didn't figure they'd honor it (after first repair and still acting up I advised my buddy to take it back) if they saw any signs of another shop working on it.

Comment

I was happy with my old mazda3 hatch... It was 5spd so no comment on the autos. The only complaints I had was the 2.3 didn't get great mpg, the ac was kind of weak but this was fixed a model year after mine, and the oil filer housing cracked once while being serviced...

Comment

Working...
              X