• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas DPS increases highway patrols for holidays

sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

That's a given

Comment

Boy that's no lie! I drove from Houston to Dallas yesterday. I was just cruising in the right lane doing the speed limit, and it seemed like any car that passed me doing 5-10 over was pulled-over up the road somewhere. I also drove from Dallas to Houston to Los Angeles at Christmas time in 2010. Even on Christmas eve on I-10 all through Texas it seemed like every other car on the road was a trooper. You're an idiot if you speed in Texas this weekend IMO.

Comment

watch your cornhole bud.

Comment

watch your cornhole bud.

Comment

Christmas cavity checks for everyone!
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Came back averaging 15 over for the majority of the trip from Houston to Waco.
              Saw one radar cop @ 10 over and no problem.

290 & 6
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                Christmas cavity checks for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                  Boy that's no lie! I drove from Houston to Dallas yesterday. I was just cruising in the right lane doing the speed limit, and it seemed like any car that passed me doing 5-10 over was pulled-over up the road somewhere. I also drove from Dallas to Houston to Los Angeles at Christmas time in 2010. Even on Christmas eve on I-10 all through Texas it seemed like every other car on the road was a trooper. You're an idiot if you speed in Texas this weekend IMO.
                  That's one long drive. Don't think I'd want to drive for a month after that.
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Back in June when I took my son to the Air Force Academy for the hockey showcase, I was stopped for 5 over by DPS. I had to ask if it was a slow day for just 5 over and he said yes.

5 over is nothing. It takes 20 over for me to take action.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                      Back in June when I took my son to the Air Force Academy for the hockey showcase, I was stopped for 5 over by DPS. I had to ask if it was a slow day for just 5 over and he said yes.

5 over is nothing. It takes 20 over for me to take action.
                      15-20 over for me to pull over and give a warning 20 over got a ticket. I didn't write many tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                        Walker county just south of Huntsville they work hard. Went down there for work last week and was pulled over 3x in a 20 minute period. I didn't realize my reverse lights were stuck on. I got a warning each time and it became pretty comical. The troopers were all nice but said they had to write me a warning- grilled me on questions on where I was going etc. I think they were fishing for drunks. I eventually stopped and put black duct tape on reverse lights

Comment

was driving down 35 to burleson this morn at about 6:30am with cruise set at 70mph (in a 60) and was in the left lane passing for a bit. had a car come from way behind and ride my ass for a bit and turned out to be a DPS car once I moved over to exit. Never usually see one around that area.
                          HD Parts
                          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                            was driving down 35 to burleson this morn at about 6:30am with cruise set at 70mph (in a 60) and was in the left lane passing for a bit. had a car come from way behind and ride my ass for a bit and turned out to be a DPS car once I moved over to exit. Never usually see one around that area.
                            That crap pisses me off. They write tickets for speeding, but they sure do love to speed themselves
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

littering and.......

Comment

Working...
                              X