Cobra reliable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra reliable?

I just started digging the Sn95 cobra mustangs, what are they called, new edge? I've been looking to pick up a 99-01 and make it a daily. Of course I want it cheap and I snoozed on a oxfard 01 with 67k for 9k. Anyway, I want to make it my daily and so far the cheap ones have a ton of miles on them. Are a ton of miles OK for these cars? Can they stand another ton of miles.
    .....bro....

Skip the 99 Recall Cobra. Unless you're looking for an "R" you won't find a 2000 Cobra. That leaves you with the 01, which has a nicer interior, 6 disc in dash CD player, the more modern spoiler than the 99, and the IRS has 31 spline axles instead of the 28s that always snapped on the 99s. 01 is completely different car from the 99 though they almost look the same.

Comment

I figures my best bet was the 01 . Anyone daily a cobra? What is the name of the body style?
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
        I figures my best bet was the 01 . Anyone daily a cobra? What is the name of the body style?

I daily'ed an 01, but I bought it on 04 with 40k on it. Nice car. It's technically still a fox platform, but its considered an SN95 New Edge.

Comment

I daily'd my 03 for 3 or 4 years till the bottom end let go. Bad oil change experience, no fault of the car. Only issue I had was alternators and a wheel bearing
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

01 Cobra would be my choice, if its taken care of those mod motors will last. It is also the last yearof the n/a 4.6 4v.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              01 Cobra would be my choice, if its taken care of those mod motors will last. It is also the last yearof the n/a 4.6 4v.
              No, it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                No, it's not.
                The Machs, right?
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  The Machs, right?
                  Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                    No, it's not.
                    The MACH 1's are not an SVT Cobra which is what we are discussing, I guess I should have been more specific for you people.
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

What do you mean "you people?"

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        What do you mean "you people?"
                        lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          The MACH 1's are not an SVT Cobra which is what we are discussing, I guess I should have been more specific for you people.
                          Touché

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                            The Machs, right?
                            Yep.

Actually, that would be my choice over the Cobra. You can find plenty of nice ones for low teens (I've seen some higher mileage cars for $9-10k a few times).

I sold my 99 Cobra to buy my Mach and didn't miss it. Interior is nicer, same N/A 4V and 5 speed combo, and it has a solid axle which some prefer. If you did want an IRS, there is no shortage of Terminator guys that will swap with you.

Comment

If you were going to get a MACH I would suggest getting the 5-speed, they have the forged crank where as the automatics do not.

Comment

Working...
                              X