What are the consequences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the consequences?

i was just wondering what the penalty is for street racing in texas, here in a oklahoma you are just fined unless you are on slicks , they either impound your shit, or sometimes they give you the option of getting radials put on it before the car moves. i know that its not smart regardless, just want some info.

first time they impound your shit for x amount of days and take you to jail
    second time they impound your car for good and you get x amount of jail time
    hit up 03trublu I heard he is a real hard ass

Comment

DAMN. Some import guys were telling me this in Wichita Falls, after they asked if my shit was fast, and if i wanted to run their gutted turbo'd civic. I wanted to run them at the state line on my way home.

Comment

just hit up your local track, is it really worth it to run the risk of getting dead or atleast losing your ride.

Comment

The upside to the Texas law is: you're not in Lawton, Oklahoma.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Normally i'm always at the track, was at the best buy when they were talking shit. They wanted to do a roll from 60. Ricers, no its not worth losing my ride, or getting dead. Was just curious if they were just blowing smoke or what. I lost 2 cars in 3 weeks once because of bad driving, not my driving either. neither wreck was my fault. So i dont wanna lose anymore rides. Both fox body's i might add.

Comment

This is the REAL information regarding street racing in Texas. Caution, contains surcharges.

Sec. 545.420. RACING ON HIGHWAY. (a) A person may not participate in any manner in:
              (1) a race;
              (2) a vehicle speed competition or contest;
              (3) a drag race or acceleration contest;
              (4) a test of physical endurance of the operator of a vehicle; or
              (5) in connection with a drag race, an exhibition of vehicle speed or acceleration or to make a vehicle speed record.
              (b) In this section:
              (1) "Drag race" means the operation of:
              (A) two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to outdistance each other; or
              (B) one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same place to the same place, for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of the vehicle or vehicles in a specified distance or time.
              (2) "Race" means the use of one or more vehicles in an attempt to:
              (A) outgain or outdistance another vehicle or prevent another vehicle from passing;
              (B) arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or vehicles; or
              (C) test the physical stamina or endurance of an operator over a long-distance driving route.
              (c) [Blank]
              (d) Except as provided by Subsections (e)-(h), an offense under Subsection (a) is a Class B misdemeanor.
              (e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that:
              (1) the person has previously been convicted one time of an offense under that subsection; or
              (2) the person, at the time of the offense:
              (A) was operating the vehicle while intoxicated, as defined by Section 49.01, Penal Code; or
              (B) was in possession of an open container, as defined by Section 49.031, Penal Code.
              (f) An offense under Subsection (a) is a state jail felony if it is shown on the trial of the offense that the person has previously been convicted two times of an offense under that subsection.
              (g) An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the third degree if it is shown on the trial of the offense that as a result of the offense, an individual suffered bodily injury.
              (h) An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the second degree if it is shown on the trial of the offense that as a result of the offense, an individual suffered serious bodily injury or death.
              (i) This subsection applies only to a motor vehicle used in the commission of an offense under this section that results in an accident with property damage or personal injury. A peace officer shall require the vehicle to be taken to the nearest licensed vehicle storage facility unless the vehicle is seized as evidence, in which case the vehicle may be taken to a storage facility as designated by the peace officer involved. Notwithstanding Article 18.23, Code of Criminal Procedure, the owner of a motor vehicle that is removed or stored under this subsection is liable for all removal and storage fees incurred and is not entitled to take possession of the vehicle until those fees are paid.
              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Any idea where these impounded cars end up? We have auctions here but nothing worth having. Unless you're in the line for a candy bar themed caprice/ impala on some 26's. Not kidding. Went to an auction once and thats what was there.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                  is it really worth it to run the risk of getting dead..
                  Don't be a stupidass and race through busy streets and intersections like how about 99.999% and 9/10th's and 15/16th's of all street related crashes and fatalities occur...

Comment

Used to be a $600 dollar ticket in Dallas back in the 90's, got a few myself. However I have since grown up a bit and heard that they have much stiffer penalties now.
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

You screw around and kill somebody and you'll play drop the soap with Bubba for a long time and your life will basically be over as you know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X