Rosetta Stone language software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosetta Stone language software

Anyone ever used it? Did you have success? Worth the price?

Let me know, cuz that shit is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Marisa View Post
      I know this doesn't really help but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I've got the spanish version downloaded and planned to start it in a couple weeks.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I haven’t used it, but I agree with the concept. After taking 4 years of Spanish in school and then using Spanish out in the real world for a couple of jobs I had, I would definitely say that the “immersion” technique the software uses is a good way to go, rather than typical textbook learning. Your mind only has to associate the new words with the object or situation shown, instead of first translating the English word to the other language and then associating it with the object/situation. Fewer steps = easier to learn. Like anything though, you have to be serious about wanting to accomplish your goal.

Comment

Just download it, it will help with annunciation and shit but grammar not so much. Depending on the language cheap community college classes in conjunction with rs and someone to practice with should be good. What language? If Its Spanish just go hang out in little Mexico

Comment

How/where can I download the Italian version? And if you say anything about bit torrents i'm gonna ignore it cause I don't understand what those are.

Comment

How/where can I download the Italian version? And if you say anything about bit torrents i'm gonna ignore it cause I don't understand what those are.
              Make Kyle do it or find someone who's active duty military they get it for free.

Comment

It's a good start but nothing substitutes for total immersion. I learned more German after 2 weeks in Europe than I did in 3 years of lessons. Follow the course and learn everyhing it has to teach and after a couple of days in Mexico you'd probably be able to converse functionally. The hardest part for me is breaking the habit of trying to translate into English

Their entire software suite is out on several torrent sites, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                  Just download it, it will help with annunciation and shotbbut grammar not so much. Depending on the language cheap community college classes in conjunction with rs and someone to practice with should be good. What language? If Its Spanish just go hang out in little Mexico
                  text me a link.

I thought about going to a country and orchestrating a deal with a super hot local chick that there would be no sex until I learned the language and her job would be to speed up the process by incentivising (black person's word) me.

Men can do amazing things when they're not getting laid. Case in point, we landed on the moon.

Comment

incentivising!

Comment

TCU's continuing education courses are $140 for foreign languages, about the same as TCC.

Comment

i'm doing the french rosetta, works pretty well. but I have a terrible memory and don't remember have the shit from lesson 1. Do you got a mac marissa? These are the only ones I have installed currently.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                          i'm doing the french rosetta, works pretty well. but I have a terrible memory and don't remember have the shit from lesson 1. Do you got a mac marissa? These are the only ones I have installed currently.

No she's on PC.

Risa i'll ask around, I feel like someone I know has all that shit on a hard drive. Carter or Jackson maybe.. let me see what I can find.

Comment

Strapped down my bed. Feet cold and eyes red.
                            I'm out my head. Am i alive, am i dead?
                            Can't remember what they said.
                            God damn. Shit the bed!
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Strapped down my bed. Feet cold and eyes red.
                              I'm out my head. Am i alive, am i dead?
                              Can't remember what they said.
                              God damn. Shit the bed!
                              Now translate to both Italian and Spanish. Go.

Comment

Working...
                              X