Music/Reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music/Reading?

Can you or do you listen to music while you read for those of you who can actually read?

I had a friend swing by yesterday to check on me and she couldn't believe I could do both and keep focused on what I was reading. Now, I wasn't listening to music that I'd listen to while driving, working out, etc it was all pretty soft. I actually do it so I can focus and concentrate while blocking everything else out...I know she found it odd I could do it, because I have, "Oh, look a butterfly" tendencies often, lol.

Reading is.....look at that dog.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Nope. I cant do it. My wife can. I cant even have the TV on in the same room while reading.

Comment

Squirrel!

Comment

Reading? What the fuck is that!

Comment

I've read a book before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
              Squirrel!
              That would be me!

Comment

I used to keep Pink Floyd playing in the background while reading and doing homework in High School

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

No.

Comment

I listen to books on tape while listening to music. Yeah, I'm pretty hardcore.
                    .....bro....

Comment

I'm the same way. I have to have some noise in the background when I read. Because off my ADD I always have something instrumental playing. If it has vocals on it it won't work. If I try to read in complete silence my mind constantly wanders and I can't concentrate. With instrumental music in the background its so much easier.
                      "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Yeah, music of any kind including with vocals or the tv on while I read. Used to do it when doing homework too. With ADHD its easy to hyper-focus when I want on the book. Hell, I even sing along while I read if we are in the truck & Christian is driving & I'm reading.

I find with ADHD its pretty easy for me to do more than 1 or even 2 things at a time. Comes in handy in a room of 8th graders. I can help one group while listening to what other groups are doing. Freaks them out when they think I'm otherwise occupied & I call them out for being off topic (or give them props for doing what they should).
                        sigpic

Comment

I can't. When I am reading, I dial in on the book, music just distracts me.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                            "Oh, look a butterfly" tendencies
                            Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                            Squirrel!
                            that's me 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                              Can you or do you listen to music while you read for those of you who can actually read?

I had a friend swing by yesterday to check on me and she couldn't believe I could do both and keep focused on what I was reading. Now, I wasn't listening to music that I'd listen to while driving, working out, etc it was all pretty soft. I actually do it so I can focus and concentrate while blocking everything else out...I know she found it odd I could do it, because I have, "Oh, look a butterfly" tendencies often, lol.
                              I canz reed...
                              GIFSoup

Comment

Working...
                              X